question on deleting apps

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can shed some light on cleaning up deleted apps.

So I've installed some apps, played around with them then uninstalled them thinking I'd reclaimed all the memory. Now I'm poking around with Astrology after the HC upgrade to see what's new and low and behold I find 100 files in an Opera folder in /mnt/internal_sdcard. Did I mention I'd deleted Opera some time ago? What gives?

Is it OK to use Astrology to delete any and all Opera folders where ever I find them? Did I not use the secret handshake when I removed the app. How can. Prevent this going forward?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
If u delete (uninstall) an app only the files on /data/ partition which is seperate from sdcard and not visible to non rooted users. If some apps save files to /sdcard/ they will not be touched at unistall and need to be removed manually.

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
Spider said:
Yes, that won't be a problem.

Thanks Spider and Fadefx. Opera alone had 5mb of files, that too much vtab memory to give away.

If anyone is wondering, I'm only half nuts and too lazy to proof read. Astrology = Astro file manager:)

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet