RCA Tablet Moving Apps To SD Card

Chickenlittle65

Jul 16, 2014
Hello everyone. I am new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place. I just purchased my first tablet which is a RCA model RCT6691W3. I also purchased a SD card so I could move my apps to the card but there is no move apps button in settings. Is there a way to move the apps to the card? I have searched and cannot find a way that actually works. I don't know how to root the tablet but that's what most sites are saying I have to do. Can anyone help me please?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The current version of Android will not allow moving apps to SD. (it usually doesn't help as much as people think it will). With that said, if the version you have would allow it you would find the ability by going to settings - application manager and taping on individual apps. Only some apps were designed to be able to move anyway but if it can you will see a button upper right "move to SD". There is no general setting.

You can move apps if you root your tablet first but I suggest you don't.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Chickenlittle, congratulations on your RCA tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. An external Micro SD Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there.

LRCorratti

Jul 29, 2015
Spider.. How do you do that? How can I put my media files on my SD card? I have rca model rct6773w22b?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Spider.. How do you do that? How can I put my media files on my SD card? I have rca model rct6773w22b?

The easiest way is to place the SD card into your computer and copy the files to it. Many computers have a slot for a full size SD card, and you can buy MSDs with an adapter that allows them to be used in a full size slot. If there isn't a slot in your computer, you can get a USB multi-card reader for about $10. The one I have is supposed to read 43 different cards including MSDs.