[Recommand Deal] 8" Android 4.0 Tablet PC iMiTO AM801 Dual Camera Skype Video Chat

nick0742

Feb 20, 2012
gdanko, i can not seem to get root to work on ics on this device, following the steps in your readme, when i try to mount as rw it tells me operation no permitted. Any thoughts?

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
You need to do all of this via adb. The 4.0.3 ROM will have root enabled for adb by default.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
About Netflix

some guy told us he made the Netflix work on the ICS , he use the following netflix version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hbc85llhz9dwd9d

j
ust download it,and don't update the netflix version,just use this old version,and it can work.

If anyone has this tablet in ICS, you can give it a try, good luck.

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
I upgraded to 4.0.3 and after about 2 days I reverted to 2.3.1. The 4.0.3 firmware is VERY slow and the WiFi will lose the access points randomly and b forced to restart wifi.

Hi,
What do people think of this update, is it worth risking doing?

Does the tablet run any better or are there any issues with it?

Thanks in advance.

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
@gdanko, how did you enable abd access on the 4.0 firmware? I saw your post explaining it but i didnt understand where to put the ini file

In your home directory create a subdirectory called .android. Put adb_usb.ini in there.

razishah91

Mar 7, 2012
In your home directory create a subdirectory called .android. Put adb_usb.ini in there.

hi, i am a newbie and recently i just upgrade my tablet to ics 4.0.3..the problem is i cant move apps to my sd anymore..and i really need a step by step instruction like in a point form or print screen to root my tablet..can anyone help me?thanks alot if you can help me..

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
We will talk with the factory,and check if there is any new firmware. for the android 4.0 OS version, you can try to uninstall some unuseful apps to get more RAM,and check if this tablet can work well, but android 2.3 OS on this tablet is really running smooth,right?

enviro8

Feb 29, 2012
The ICS version from McBub is[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]iMiTO AM801 – ICS version 4.0.3 dated 10 February 2012 – Kernel version #27, the following has[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]iMiTO AM801 – ICS version 4.0.3 dated 14 February 2012 – Kernel version #44.

I believe the #44 version is faster that the #27 version

I have written a “How To” for the iMiTO AM801 and Blitz RS8 Android tablets and posted on several sites.

This “How To” has several purposes.

It will show how to:
# back up and save your full system
# recover your tablet if you “brick” it
# install and try other Android versions
# go back to your original set up.

It contains updates for:
# Gingerbread (iMiTO and Blitz versions 2.3.1)
# two versions of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) both iMiTO versions 4.0.3.

While the method will save the critical system files and apps, it will not save those apps that you subsequently installed and they will have to be backed up separately.

The process involves rooting your tablet, but the rooting method used is reversible. I have not been able to find and use a suitable method to root either of the two ICS versions.

Further I am unable to get my PC to access my tablet via USB. My PC (Windows 7) does not recognise the tablet.

If anyone has an ICS and the tablet connects to your PC via the USB, can you let us know how you did it.

Further if anyone who has ICS as supplied and backs up their system as per the "How to", posting of a copy of your recovery.img would be appreciated.

The rooting method will only work with the Gingerbread versions (2.3.x) and not with Ice Cream Sandwich versions (4.0.x).

I have uploaded the “How To” as a MS Word 97-2003 “Doc” to:

QOOY - Pick your file host - Download - Have_you_ever_wanted_to_try_Ice_Cream_Sandwich.doc

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
You really did a great job, thanks!
The ICS version from McBub isiMiTO AM801 – ICS version 4.0.3 dated 10 February 2012 – Kernel version #27, the following hasiMiTO AM801 – ICS version 4.0.3 dated 14 February 2012 – Kernel version #44.

I believe the #44 version is faster that the #27 version

I have written a “How To” for the iMiTO AM801 and Blitz RS8 Android tablets and posted on several sites.

This “How To” has several purposes.

It will show how to:
# back up and save your full system
# recover your tablet if you “brick” it
# install and try other Android versions
# go back to your original set up.

It contains updates for:
# Gingerbread (iMiTO and Blitz versions 2.3.1)
# two versions of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) both iMiTO versions 4.0.3.

While the method will save the critical system files and apps, it will not save those apps that you subsequently installed and they will have to be backed up separately.

The process involves rooting your tablet, but the rooting method used is reversible. I have not been able to find and use a suitable method to root either of the two ICS versions.

Further I am unable to get my PC to access my tablet via USB. My PC (Windows 7) does not recognise the tablet.

If anyone has an ICS and the tablet connects to your PC via the USB, can you let us know how you did it.

Further if anyone who has ICS as supplied and backs up their system as per the "How to", posting of a copy of your recovery.img would be appreciated.

The rooting method will only work with the Gingerbread versions (2.3.x) and not with Ice Cream Sandwich versions (4.0.x).

I have uploaded the “How To” as a MS Word 97-2003 “Doc” to:

QOOY - Pick your file host - Download - Have_you_ever_wanted_to_try_Ice_Cream_Sandwich.doc

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
We will talk with the factory,and check if there is any new firmware. for the android 4.0 OS version, you can try to uninstall some unuseful apps to get more RAM,and check if this tablet can work well, but android 2.3 OS on this tablet is really running smooth,right?

Did you find anything from the factory?

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
enviro8 I find the 4.0.3 builds are both flaky and slow. I lose wifi with it. I have to stop and start wifi to get it back. Frustrating.