Recommend apps and give reason why, (just an idea)

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Heaven knows there are more thread/sections on this forum than I have ever come across before (IMO), but have had a thought for and on behalf of newbies. Given the thousands of apps there are available, I wondered if within this forum, there was a space for something along the lines of "Recommended apps and why".

I would imagine that everyone has favourite apps, as they do favourite bookmarks. One which on reflection is quite good, is "Pocket". As far as newbies go, I would explain thus. What do you keep in your pocket?, answere being something you are likely to need. So if when you're browsing you discover something you'd like to keep to read later, you simply click the icon provided and that page/section is stored for you to read much later and it doesn't expire. More than that though, if you install Pocket on both your laptop/PC as well as your tablet, anything you save by putting in your "pocket" whilst you are surfing away merrily on your laptop/pc, it magically appears in your tablet pocket.

So, that's my No 1 recommendation and why it suits me. The great thing is, like favourites/bookmarks saved elsewhere, you can remove them as and when necessary.

Something I find myself doing every day, is to look at the Amazon Freebie. More often than not it seems to be a game, and I'm not a lover of them, so don't install. No doubt the one day I don't bother looking, will be the one day they have something amazing.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not a bad idea. But the problem with that is that there are so many countries represented here on the forum where many of the apps aren't available. With that said, there are similar threads in the Android apps section of the forum.

I agree with you about Pocket.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Not a bad idea. But the problem with that is that there are so many countries represented here on the forum where many of the apps aren't available. With that said, there are similar threads in the Android apps section of the forum.

I agree with you about Pocket.

I hadn't given a thought to the fact that apps may not be available in some countries, ah well, it was good while it lasted.