Recommend me a tablet

krogen

Oct 23, 2010
Hi guys :)

I've been recently looking for an inexpensive tablet. I'm looking to spend about 150 USD on one. I would use it mostly for ebook reading and learning programming on the android platform.

So, in a nutshell, a perfect tablet would have:
7''+ screen
Good battery life
Inexpensive
Good built quality

I don't mind flashing, hacking, and so forth. It would be nice if it had a lot of followers, so that if something goes awry I can always find a solution from the community.

Anything like that out there? :) I'm not very picky, as long as it meets most of those requirements, it's all good.

Thanks. :)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
There are a lot of android tablets that are below 200$. I would get one that has at least Android 2.1. The new Herotab tablets seem good but don't know how big the comunity is. The Wits A81E has been out for some time and it is known to be a good tablets. ALso the M7002 got some good reviews. You can find a comparison between different Android tablets here: Android Tablet Comparison

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Try smartq R7, i heard it has good reviews. Here is a link

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroFail

Oct 29, 2010
I'm new to Android too and want to play around with the OS. I'm thinking of the Pandigital eReader from Kohl's since I can pick it up in person and return it if I have any problems.
If you buy this weekend Kohl's has a big sale and you get a $15 rebate, so the price drops to around $135, and you might be able to get it as lower if you temporarily sign up for Kohl's card.

Specs here.

(PS - Even though it may sound like it, I don't work for Kohl's. I just did a lot of research.)

UPDATE:
I got the Pandigital from Kohl's and played around with it for a few weeks. Very heavy and too slow. After all the discounts and everything it may have been a good play device for the kids, but not what I was looking for. Returned.

Last edited: