Resetting Sony Tablet S to Factory Settings

hearrean

Feb 10, 2012
I am looking at selling my Sony Tablet S just recently purchased. Can someone tell me how to reset back to factory settings?....IOW's, I want to be able to take the tablet back to exactly the way it was when I took it OTB. I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this anywhere. One poster indicated doing a reset by pushing in the reset with a pin, but I do not believe this eliminates everything that has been added since purchased. Any input will be appreciated.

Ken

rayrdod

Apr 14, 2012
I am looking at selling my Sony Tablet S just recently purchased. Can someone tell me how to reset back to factory settings?....IOW's, I want to be able to take the tablet back to exactly the way it was when I took it OTB. I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this anywhere. One poster indicated doing a reset by pushing in the reset with a pin, but I do not believe this eliminates everything that has been added since purchased. Any input will be appreciated.

Ken
YOU are absolutely correct in thinking this the reset pin is mostly if your screen gets stuck on and wont go off by pushing power but wipes nothing much like the reset switch on a desktop pc. what you need to do is this starting with your device plugged up to the power but in the off mode push and hold both the + volume up key and the power key at the same time. once you see the sony boot up screen only release the power button. this key combination with take you into the recovery mode of your system where one of your options are reset to factory settings (system and application data will be erased) scroll to yes and when you get back to your main menu reboot. Another option would be to go under your settings menu and I believe under account sync or storage it will have an option that says erase and restore back to factory settings press it will reboot when completed and will start at the set up screens for setting the device up just like it was when you got it. this is the mode I recommend first. they also made an AIO Utility to perform different functions on this device and was shown over at xda-developers made by condi… you might also have a peek there as to what will cause it to boot loop ect… hope this helped www----

hearrean

Feb 10, 2012
YOU are absolutely correct in thinking this the reset pin is mostly if your screen gets stuck on and wont go off by pushing power but wipes nothing much like the reset switch on a desktop pc. what you need to do is this starting with your device plugged up to the power but in the off mode push and hold both the + volume up key and the power key at the same time. once you see the sony boot up screen only release the power button. this key combination with take you into the recovery mode of your system where one of your options are reset to factory settings (system and application data will be erased) scroll to yes and when you get back to your main menu reboot. Another option would be to go under your settings menu and I believe under account sync or storage it will have an option that says erase and restore back to factory settings press it will reboot when completed and will start at the set up screens for setting the device up just like it was when you got it. this is the mode I recommend first. they also made an AIO Utility to perform different functions on this device and was shown over at xda-developers made by condi… you might also have a peek there as to what will cause it to boot loop ect… hope this helped www----

Worked perfectly! Except when in settings, the erase/restore function is under the "Privacy" settings.

Thanks,

Ken