restore to factory settings

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Use the Factory data reset. You can access this under Settings. On ICS it is available under Settings-->Backup & reset. On other recent versions it is under Settings-->Privacy.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you restore that tablet. Good luck!

melroseb

Apr 6, 2013
I have a Acer Tablet and my daughter forgot her password,and we are not able to get pass the password screen. Can anyone please help us on what to do...PLEASE. Is there something I can get from teh computer and put in on a USB then install it on her tablet>?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Since you don't specify which Acer you have it's a little difficult to get the correct procedure, but try the following for an Acer A500:

*Completely shut off the tablet.
*Press volume +/up and keep it held through the following steps.
*Press power.
*Switch Lock On/Off back and forth.

That should start the on-board Android System Recovery menu. Once in the Android System Recovery you can let go of the volume +/up button. In the ASR, select the option that says "factory reset" using the volume buttons and press the power button to start the reset. When done, select the option to reboot the tablet. The only way to regain access to the tablet is by wiping away the password, thus why a factory reset is required. Please note that all data will be lost.