Review of Nova 10 Quad Core A31 10.1 inch Android 4.2 Tablet PC

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
There's a PhoenixUSB tool in the firmware pack, and also the USB driver and update instructions are included.
I used to dev for some devices at XDA I still maintain a HTC phone project there, XDA is awesome but its time for some other sites to get exclusive developers and as of right now my NOVA 10 project is sponsored in whole by this very site, so I wont be taking this one to XDA.

Question about the firmware, is that your DropBox or McBubs because using PhenoixUSB in emulation mode this image looks just like the onda one did you test it?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
The Onda V972 uses a 9.7 inch 2048*1536 screen, while the Nova 10 is 10.1 inch with 1280*800 screen. So the firmware of V972 is not applicable on Nova 10.
And I tried flashing the onda image onto my tablet all i got was a black screen, so onda has different screen drivers then this tablet

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
It is an exciting news, if the tablet would run win 8, that will be pretty awesome.
Haha It was my mistake!!! loaded wrong image I've been awake for 37hours coding a project for work, forums only thing keeping me sane...

I should be able to unpack and repack this image pretty easily as it looks like it has the standard "IMAGEWTY" headers the standard A10/A13 tools should now apply to A31 I'm also looking at a MSDN version of win 8 go, trying to figure out how the device is supported for this too... as if this is possible I will do my best to make grub boot-loader work great and have dual boot android 4.X or Win7/8! Also if win8 is supported its only a matter of days, weeks until i get my hands on this thing then as a proud contributor to the actual linux 3 kernel I will be more then happy to attempt a port of Fedora or Debian to the tablet over time.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Oh and the image I flashed for the onda wasnt from here or uploaded by you, if thats what you meant. But ye it still gave me a black screen, with backlight on, so onda and nova use different screen drivers

Your dropbox is overloaded, when you upload 4.2 can you also mirror it somewhere else, like devhost or similar. I already mirrored your file on devhost as well

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Thank you very much! BTW, our dropbox been restored.
Your dropbox is overloaded, when you upload 4.2 can you also mirror it somewhere else, like devhost or similar. I already mirrored your file on devhost as well

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
This tablet has fallen apart in less than 24 hours, buyers beware.....
This is totally not acceptable... If you are going to take a few off the AMPE line at least secure the housing of the tablets before selling them, I want a refund.

$8eo6p.jpg
$e4F0S.jpg

$NTqyK.jpg
$OToe4.jpg

Attachments

• $j4lLb.jpg
    $j4lLb.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi tragidy

Sorry for reply so late. there are few colleagues are working because of Chinese New Year coming so they may could not check your email in time.
I have sent you PM, and I will check for you asap.

McBub

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Just wanted to add that the resolution here never came from McBub, they never resolved anything nor did they offer any help they ignored me until today when I made a call to a few merchant providers then as a joint unit had paypal immediate refund $150.00 see I'm fair... I even let you keep the $50 you spent on DHL and all that other nonsense, I was willing to deal with you only but the only way of dealing with mcbub.com is to simply call in whats owed and watch them drop a jaw as paypal issued that refund instantly after the collection of data, time and your lack of caring yet the words on your site about protection and so on, well thats just it you offer no such thing nor do you care about clients but today you eat crow.

Hope you enjoy further chargebacks as PayPal LTD has flagged that account bro... time for another change for you I guess, try payza or bitcoin you can scam people better, but remember smart people will read threads like this first and drive you out of business.

Want 2cents from a developer?
This vendor will lie, mail your item in parts, not communicate over mail, phone and apparently face to face you walk away, dont let the door kick you in the face when Tonimarki is around Shenzen again as will I.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
For the Android 4.2 firmware, the manufacturer had being working on it.
The manufacturer had released a new firmware for it a few days ago, it is for the new version Nova 10. Start from last month, they update the mainboard of Nova 10 with better power consumption control.
When the new Android version is planned to come to Nova 10?

bluelena69

Oct 7, 2011
Oh and the image I flashed for the onda wasnt from here or uploaded by you, if thats what you meant. But ye it still gave me a black screen, with backlight on, so onda and nova use different screen drivers

I attempted to flash my new Nova 10 per your instructions for the upgrade and all went well with one huge exception...I cannot turn on my Wifi. When I first received the tablet, the wifi hardware was seemingly working fine. Now, after flashing the new firmware, I attempt to turn the wifi On and the switch reverts to Off after about 5 seconds. The text in the area where the networks should appear continues to read "Turning on Wi-Fi," even after the toggle switches to off.

Do you have any suggestions? I need to get this resolved. My experience with McBub has been great and I would hate for this to mar an otherwise great, smooth transaction.

Also, the Dropbox links for the firmware are broken--it says that the account limit has been exceeded on both downloads. I thought that I could, perhaps, try to flash back to the original but, alas, I cannot download anything.