Rockchip 2906 help

garfield411

Aug 7, 2012
I need to know what would be the best rooting program for a Kocaso M760 with rockchip 2906, Cortex A8 @1.2 Ghz, Android 4.03? Should I be looking for compatability to the rockchip 2906 or cortex A8? Please Advise thank you

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Copy and paste from my post in xda - as always - statutory warning - neither me nor the forum are liable for any damages to your tablet - do it at your own risk - no one other than you alone is liable for any damages arising from the usage of this guide.

I have successfully rooted it twice and installed Play Store (once with ICS and now with JB)

First time it was with help of amjtech thread [Tutorial] Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS

Now I tried the [RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit since the sdk was already installed.
Very simple and super effective rooting process.:good:

The first time when I ran in to driver installation issues it was pertaining to permissions.
Found work-arounds elsewhere and also had issues with the installing google playstore.

Hence used the Vending 3.9.16.apk from thread [Share] Google Play 3.10.10 [Updated 14.12.12] to resolve it.

Installing CWM was also a breeze - thanks to the great work of fun_ . It is a simple process if you use the steps from thread [CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3066/RK2918 devices. :good:

--------------------------------------
Just in case you want to revert back to ICS:

Following Oma's suggestion have created the kernel, boot, recovery and system images for ICS 4.0.4 of Proscan PLT7035-B

Proscan_PLT7035-B - Download - 4shared - Ess Kay

Hopefully the upload to 4share has not been corrupted because my internet connection has been flubbing for past few days.

Have fun. :)

Original post : xda-developers - View Single Post - Proscan PLT 7035B - connect to PC, upgrade to JB and rooting with Play Store

garfield411

Aug 7, 2012
For vulcanize

I used the rk29 tool and found a link to the driver within your post, everything went fine thanks. Now I know this may sound silly but after I do the tool am I supposed install the CWM?:confused:

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
For vulcanize

I used the rk29 tool and found a link to the driver within your post, everything went fine thanks. Now I know this may sound silly but after I do the tool am I supposed install the CWM?:confused:

Follow the instructions of xda member fun_ from link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36793241&postcount=1

My thread in XDA has these link details and more info for Custom JB rom and CM10 (currently under testing and not fully functional as yet).

Proscan PLT 7035B - connect to PC, upgrade to JB and rooting with Play Store - xda-developers

Have fun

:)

Last edited: