[ROM] M009S WM8650_1.3.0_HoneyCombMOD_20110508-HcH

rangerGR

May 16, 2011
Try option 2 and option 8. Some guys with green like tested and works very good, as you can read

I tried option 8 before seeing you post. It passed the boot screen but has no sound. I saw 1-2 possible solutions at techknow. I will try to fix it and I will post the results.

agabrielcv

Apr 24, 2011
anyway i installed the update and everything works perfectly but the sound. I dont have sound on my pad, any suggestions, if not i will keep looking for solutions.

Thanks.

rangerGR

May 16, 2011
agabrielcv, I have the same problem with you. I tried to modify some files I read about in techknow forum, but with no luck. For now I am stuck with previous version.

agabrielcv

Apr 24, 2011
doing some testing, i installed the m10s version, and with that i have sound but since that is for a 7' tablet, the screen is distortion and touch does not work correctly..at least sound does.. so i guess it uses the same audio driver.. just my 2 cents for someone more knowledgeable than me in tablets.. The best version that worked for me was the m003 option but no sound, so if someone that knows how to edit can change the sound driver from the m10s and put it into the m003 and do like a new version, that could fix the problem but i guess im asking tooo much..

agabrielcv

Apr 24, 2011
agabrielcv, I have the same problem with you. I tried to modify some files I read about in techknow forum, but with no luck. For now I am stuck with previous version.

Hey i found a fix for our problem. Since i notice that with the m10s i had sound, and with the m003 ver. didnt, i went into the folders and found a folder that is called ENV, inside, there is a bunch of files that have the info,

1. Select the M10s File, open it on notepad
2. Select the M003 File, Open it on notepad,
3. in the M10s File, Scroll to the line thats says setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff:100 and copy ( anyways, you can copy this one also ejej)
3.Go into the M003 File and scroll to that same line, you will see that there is a difference,
4, Replace that line with the one you copy from the M10S and save.
4. Run Changer.bat and select the option for M003
Put the SD into the tablet, turn it on and just Wait.

And TADAAA you have Audio on your Tablet with the new mod. Now im very happy!!!

cibb

May 20, 2011
Hello! Sorry for my questions, I'm new to it ..

I bought this tablet .. I know this based on VIA 8650 with 800MHz, but the model I familiar.

This is the link http://www.************/google-andr...-notebook-computer-umpc-mid-256mb-ram-2gb-hd- silvery-l706f2g05-p-27180.html

Can you run this Rom on my tablet with only 256 memory?

What options do I have to choose in the program?

Thanks!

PS-sorry for my bad English

rangerGR

May 16, 2011
Hey i found a fix for our problem. Since i notice that with the m10s i had sound, and with the m003 ver. didnt, i went into the folders and found a folder that is called ENV, inside, there is a bunch of files that have the info,

1. Select the M10s File, open it on notepad
2. Select the M003 File, Open it on notepad,
3. in the M10s File, Scroll to the line thats says setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff:100 and copy ( anyways, you can copy this one also ejej)
3.Go into the M003 File and scroll to that same line, you will see that there is a difference,
4, Replace that line with the one you copy from the M10S and save.
4. Run Changer.bat and select the option for M003
Put the SD into the tablet, turn it on and just Wait.

And TADAAA you have Audio on your Tablet with the new mod. Now im very happy!!!

Thanks agabrielcv, but as I wrote, this was the first thing I did. No luck until now. It seems that there are a lot different models, with different audio chipset. So you just got lucky :p

Now I am using this ROM
New Vestinious Builds - SlateDroid.com
and everything works fine. I will try the next version of HCH, when available.

cletus

May 21, 2011
Hi, I'm fairly certain this will work on mine (VIA WM8650) but I am a complete dingbat, I dont understand the instructions :-

FAQ#1: HowTo install the ROM:
-----------------------------
1. Extract archive to SD CARD (so a directory SD:\FirmwareInstall is present and the file wmt_scriptcmd in the sd root)
2. Try to identify your tablet model (M009s/M003s/M012s/etc.)
3. Run CHANGER.BAT from your SD root and see what models there are
4. Put in the number of your model and press <enter>
5. Turn off your tablet
6. Insert SD
7. Turn on your tablet
8. Follow instruction
9. Enjoy a better tablet

What does no. 1 mean and why does it say insert SD card when it's already in there ?
Apologies for being completely thick, but can someone explain please.
Thankyou.

rangerGR

May 16, 2011
cletus, you need to format an sd cart to FAT32, use your pc to download this file, extract it and copy the contents into the sd card. Run CHANGER.BAT and choose the appropriate option.
Then remove the card from your pc, insert the card into the tablet and turn it on.