ROM Recommendations

Audekhatru

Sep 30, 2012
I hope that I will actually get an answer, since I saw another post from almost a month back without a response.

I got my gTablet a few months back, and decided to try the DRH ICS ROM and that worked okay, but not without more than a few problems, including suddenly locking up on more than one occasion. I have seen the birds a few times.

Recently, I had a problem that caused to head to the reset instructions again, and this time I decided to try the DRH Jelly Bean beta ROM. That is what I have on there right now and it is working okay....most of the time. The browser locks up pretty regularly, but I am not sure if that is the ROM, Chrome, or the webpages, which are ones that seem to take a long time to load on my desktop.

I am not entirely sure that I am ready to try another ROM, but I am considering it. Based on the specs, this thing should be pretty fast, but I do not really find it that way with the JB Beta loaded. So, I am looking for recommendations. I am interested in hearing what ROMs you are running, and what you do and do not like about them. I would like something more than "I like X" or "Y Rocks". I would like reasons.

I will be happy to go back to Honeycomb, if it will run well, and I know I would like something newer than 2.2.

So, what do you suggest? ....and why?

Audekhatru

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
Until someone can crack the code of the camera and several graphics acceleration issue, best to stick with gingerbread.
any of the stable gingerbread rooms on a 1,2 boot loader is what I would recommend.

When and if the code gets cracked then jelly bean or above would be the best.

kc27

Oct 11, 2012
I've had a Gtab for nearly a year. I tried several ROMs: Mountain Laurel, Brilliant Corners, Beastly + Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo, Frankentab, Dirty Bean Alpha. Or those ROMs, Brilliant Corners performed the best for me, I had it on the tablet the longest, and that's what I am running again. To be fair, Dirty Bean (Jelly Bean) is a work in progress, not a finished product. Once it gets perfected, I might end up giving it another try, because it definitely has a nice interface and compatibility with a few apps I cannot not install under Brilliant Corners