root lenovo idea a1-7 ics tablet

theresacline

Apr 30, 2013
Can someone help a techno-phobe with very laymen instructions on how to root my devise. I need to uninstall a pre-installed app. This was the direction Lenovo customer service pointed me in before they stopped helping me.
Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, Theresa, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 section for you. I think you'll get more response there. Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
how to root my devise. I need to uninstall a pre-installed app

If getting rid of that one app is the only reason for rooting, why don't you try disabling it first and see if that helps whatever problem you're having?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you have an icon for it, try long pressing it. You should get either a garbage can to drag & drop it into or a menu that allows you to delete it.

theresacline

Apr 30, 2013
If you have an icon for it, try long pressing it. You should get either a garbage can to drag & drop it into or a menu that allows you to delete it.

Thank you, but this still doesn't solve my problem. When I try to update the app I receive a message, "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

I have recently sent the table to Levovo for repair and it was returned to me with this problem...that was not a problem prior to them replacing the motherboard. Lenovo customer service was horrible and I will not talk to them again or buy another Lenovo product again!