Root Toshiba Excite 10 tablet ? (4.0->3.0 ?)

JoeDroider

Nov 20, 2012
I would like to root my Toshiba Excite 10 tablet that has Android 4 on it, downgrade it to Android 3, is that possible and how can i do it? Never rooted a tablet before, but I am very savvy with and have used Linux and command lines lots and have rooted my Evo 4G phone a couple of years ago, I know about kernel images, bash commands and such. Any help greatly appreciated. Also how to backup my tablet system before I attempt to root it in case I end up having to restore it for a return, etc. The only reason really as to why i want to downgrade from Android 4 to Android 3 is that I only want a tablet for one reason, to use an app called Sketchbook Pro made by Autodesk, and I had it working before, easily, on several Android 3 tablets, but now it is incompatible with Android 4. If I can root, downgrade to Android 3, I figure Sketchbook Pro would likely install and work; if and when the app is fixed to work with Android 4 then I would upgrade again to Android 4.

So frustrating that there are no Android 3 tablets for sale anymore, they have all been upgraded to Android 4. Thus I want to root the tablet, take control, get an Android 3 kernel to boot on it. My PC is Windows 7 Ultimate 64, as that might pertain to connecting (if needed) to the tablet.
~Joe

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Right now there is no root for the Excite as the bootloader is locked. Unless Toshiba releases a unlocker it may be awhile.