Rooted T408 (Possible 410) with Gapps and Market

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012
Are those the same files from the g pack? Because with them I have very limited access to market place. Some kind of compatibility issue with most of the apps. That is the order that I installed the apps, without opening before reboot.

If they are the files from the OP mediafire link, they cause my tab to get stuck in a boot loop.

Where did you get those files and have you checked to see if marketplace is loading all results for searches?

Last edited:

sxxdnne

Jan 13, 2012
What i did was download the latest market apk first. Then i used titanium backup to remove the older market apk. I then installed the new apk. Ran it. Did a search for a app i could not find on the older version. It works......

Hope this helps.

QUOTE=benleclair;174473]Are those the same files from the g pack? Because with them I have very limited access to market place. Some kind of compatibility issue with most of the apps. That is the order that I installed the apps, without opening before reboot.

If they are the files from the OP mediafire link, they cause my tab to get stuck in a boot

loop.

Where did you get those files and have you checked to see if marketplace is loading all results for searches?[/QUOTE]

sxxdnne

Jan 13, 2012
Yes i checked for my search results. All load for me. He has a link that goes to his page, where the files can be directly downloaded to thee cruz. If you scroll up a few posts and click on the highlighted android market 3.4.4 you can get it there. I googled for the apk.

sxxdnne

Jan 13, 2012
Just did another check. Under amazon market and the older market app i could not find root checker. And the closest results only turned up 6 apps. On the 3.4.4 i get 2,012 results when i search for root check. I click on the 2,012 and get 2,012 results i can download.

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
Used files above. Still no access to the majority of marketplace.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Please explain what you mean "Still no access to the majority of marketplace."
They are the same files from the COBY G Pack, However These Work!! Wipe your tablet
and use these files instead of the ZIP. I believe you got a corrupted zip file which is
causing you problems.

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
Yes i checked for my search results. All load for me. He has a link that goes to his page, where the files can be directly downloaded to thee cruz. If you scroll up a few posts and click on the highlighted android market 3.4.4 you can get it there. I googled for the apk.

Did you get Market 3.4.4 to work??

sxxdnne

Jan 13, 2012
Did you get Market 3.4.4 to work??

Had to uninstall 3.4.4 because i kept getting compatibility problems with most apps... So for the time being if its a app I really need i just google the apk and download it....

aggiegirl88

Dec 27, 2012
I rooted my device from the cruzt408hacks.web.com, and the google play installed, but when i go to download lets say Facebook, it says "This version is not compatible with your device" What do i do? I'm going crazy!!

Can you please detail or post a video on how you did this. I copied the file to system\app\ using root explorer
and have had no luck. I will post a video and new site where people can get gingerbreak and the market files once we have a perfected Process!

Edit 1/9/12
So i now have market version 3.4.4 running. I dont know if it's from 1.82 updating or because
I copied the Android Market 3.4.4 apk file to /system/app. I also used root explorer to change
The permissions so that everything could read, write, and execute.

I created a site that i plan to centralize files for the T408 at:

Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com

E
dit 1/11/12

Last edited by a moderator: