Rooting Kitkat 4.4.4

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
I have a Kocaso MX780 with kitkat 4.4.4 and need to root my tablet because it will not read my 32gb sd card.now when I put it into my computer it says read only and I just bought it,what do I do? I need step by step without bricking my tablet.

Jeffrey

Super Moderator
Jul 27, 2014
Welcome to the Forum.

Take a look at the SD as most have a small tab that locks the card in read only mode.

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
Welcome to the Forum.

Take a look at the SD as most have a small tab that locks the card in read only mode.
Thank you for responding so quickly but the link doesn't work, brings me to a blank page

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The card may be bad. A microSD card can't normally be write protected. Did you try formatting it in the tablet?

Last edited:

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't understand about the tab on the card it only goes in one way. Can the card be bad because when I put it in the computer to see if it could see the card it told me it was read only, so I couldn't format as it suggested, because it is read only. As for the tablet it doesn't even see it

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
The card may be bad. A microSD card can't normally be right protected. Did you try formatting it in the tablet?
Tablet won't see the card and my computer can't format because it is read only.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is this a card about the size of a small finger nail, (microSD) or a full size SD card? Full size cards to have a slider tab to write protect it but I don't know of any tablets that can use that type of card. That may just be me.

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
Is this a card about the size of a small finger nail, (microSD) or a full size SD card? Full size cards to have a slider tab to write protect it but I don't know of any tablets that can use that type of card. That may just be me.
Well the tablet tacks the micro and the computer takes the large one as I put the micro inside the large one for the computer to except it

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
I just seen the tab you are talking about and formatted the card in the computer but the tablet still says mount sd and every time I press that it says you can safely "remove it" I am so confused is there anything else I can try?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I (still) think the card could be bad. The card you are using in the computer is only a holder/adapter for the microSD, not really an SD card. Try formatting the card in the tablet. If it can't do it, replace the card.

Sparkyair

Dec 14, 2014
I (still) think the card could be bad. The card you are using in the computer is only a holder/adapter for the microSD, not really an SD card. Try formatting the card in the tablet. If it can't do it, replace the card.
well I don't see any format in the tablet but I see erase and I am afraid of doing that because i have a internal and a nand Idon't want to erase by mistake, plus the computer just formatted the sd card.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The fact that the computer says it formatted the card doesn't mean the card is 100% good. The problem may be the card reader in the tablet but you may never find out if you don't get another card. A 32GB card should work but you can get a cheap 16 or 8 to test.