Rooting Zeki Tablet TBDG734

EAPellow

Jan 20, 2015
I'm having trouble figuring out how to root this tablet since it's hard to find info on even for a Zeki. Anyone know some approaches I could try? The 1 GB internal partition fills up pretty fast, maybe with log files or some other misc app data (I was moving apps to the internal SD partition with App2SD and disabled all bloatware), and I have no choice but to perform frequent factory resets. I won't be able to really debug it or change the partitions until I can root this. This is only a few weeks old, and obviously no gem, but if I can root it it will be useful as a light duty tablet. Running 4.4.2. Thanks.

Jessedegnitz

Feb 1, 2015
I am trying to root this tablet too. Before I decided to root I tried taking the easy route calling customer service to tell me why my external SD card was not working. As soon as I told them my model number
TBDG734 I got hung up on 3 times. After this I decided to go the rooting route so I started trying to learn how to do that on this model. Through lots of research I found this model came out in 2012, but still no idea on the root.

Last edited:

Jessedegnitz

Feb 1, 2015
I did some reading on this method I wouldn't do it. Based on everything I found this program causes lots of problems. All technically fixable but I didn't want to take the chance of bricking my tablet. Also the video specifies phones says nothing about tablets.

Giggla

Jan 22, 2015
I successfully rooted it with Kingo Root. I just left it in a loop sequence, where as the tablet would reboot and the Kingo would try again! First make sure you have the Super SU installed.

I left it in this loop for about 20-30 minutes lol

penggren

Jun 10, 2016
I found this thread encouraging, figure I'd add my personal results here.

Last night I successfully rooted my Zeki TBDG734b build # zeki.data.v0001 with KingRoot, you can find it with a google searh. I downloaded, installed the .apk package, and ran KingRoot on my Zeki; after a few minutes, bam, done deal. I've noticed in a few other threads/forums this particular tablet is sometimes called DIGIIN not Zeki. Hope that helps anyone else looking to root this particular tablet.

#FirstTimePosting

RekklessBastrd

Dec 26, 2016
IMG_20161226_164757999.jpg
I was given this tablet from my dad after he got a new tablet for Xmas. Took about 30 seconds for me to root this device without any after-market apps or tools. Starting from the Tablet completely shut off press and hold both the volume UP and DOWN keys at same time. While pressing both volume keys press and hold the power key. After about 30 seconds you see the Rooted screen. The volume UP and DOWN keys are for selecting what option you want and the power button is your select key. I choose to do a factory wipe first then a cashe wipe. Being a very low power tablet I will be wiping the Android 4.4.2 OS and flashing with Arch-Linux for Arm based processors.