[Rumor] HTC May Jump Back into Android Tablet Game with 7 and 10-inch on Sept. 19th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
HTC-tablet-3-leak.jpeg

If the leaked info and pic are accurate, then HTC may be poised to jump back into the Android tablet market. In fact, the intel indicates that this will be a big part of HTC's September 19th press event. Their HTC Flyer was pretty much a flop, primarily because it was over-priced for the specs compared to the competition. Perhaps HTC has learned their lesson from that experience. Regardless, here are the details that the "rumint" has revealed on the 7-inch tablet. There isn't much more than speculation and the picture above for the 10-inch tablet.

7-Inch Tablet:
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Probably will include support for the Scribe digital pen
  • 7-inch 1,280×768-pixel display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
  • 3-megapixel camera on the rear
  • 1-megapixel front-facing camera.
  • Superslim 7.1mm thin anodized aluminum body
As you can see from the picture, the 10-inch tablet looks very HTC One-like. It's nice to see that HTC is sticking to a particular design aesthetic. We should know something for sure in a couple of weeks, and will keep you guys informed. If they can price it competitively, it could be worth checking out. What do you guys think?

Source: HTConeForum via CNET

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Really depends on the price, but I like the inclusion of the digital pen. I'm not even worried about the cheaper camera's either because personally I hate taking pics with my tab. I'd rather have a higher quality one on my phone.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hopefully they will use a better digitizer layer this time around, HTC, and I think Lenova cut corners and ended up with a somewhat disappointing user experience.

Sent from my Gibson using Tapatalk for Heavy Metal

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011

7-Inch Tablet:
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Probably will include support for the Scribe digital pen
  • 7-inch 1,280×768-pixel display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
  • 3-megapixel camera on the rear
  • 1-megapixel front-facing camera.
  • Superslim 7.1mm thin anodized aluminum body
As you can see from the picture, the 10-inch tablet looks very HTC One-like. It's nice to see that HTC is sticking to a particular design aesthetic. We should know something for sure in a couple of weeks, and will keep you guys informed. If they can price it competitively, it could be worth checking out. What do you guys think?

I have been real happy with my HTC phone, and I like the design in the pic, but as you mentioned, I believe pricing as well is going to make the difference. The Scribe digital pen, uh well, I am not sure that this will be a selling point for most users. I believe that most of us would rather have longer lasting batteries. It's success may also depend on the Taiwanese government's willingness to continue to bail out HTC during their current economic difficulties. Curious to see more information as well as price point for these two devices.

Todd