Rumor: Samsung Galaxy Tab to Hit End of Life in January?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Picked this up from Dell Streak 7 Releasing February 2nd? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Also of note, our ninja dropped off the news that the Samsung Galaxy Tab is set to hit end of life at the end of January. While whispers speak of a Galaxy Tab 4G successor, there isn’t anything to indicate that the EOL for the current Tab is set to precede the release of another Samsung Tablet. However, with the Dell Streak 7 and the LG G-Slate on the horizon, Samsung can take its time focusing on “other matters” (updates, updates, updates) and bide its time releasing the next gen Tab.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
That is kind of good news for consumers. I would take this as you will see the price dropping, and after awhile be able to pick up this tablet for less than $200. As more and more tablets slam into the market, the lower and lower the prices will become. Surplus vs Demand...

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
This doesn't surprise me at all; the price has been dropping, the most recent by Sprint, and we know the next generation Tab is imminent. I'm sure there will be some great deals before all is said and done for the original Tab.