Running Games in HD

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
There are some games that are designed for smaller phone screens that only take up a quarter of the screen real estate on the S7. One of these is my favourite Mahjong game based on HK rules. On an iPad you have a "x2" button that basically plays these low res games in HD. Is there any such option on the S7 or any way to achieve this or does the game have to be designed for 800x480 ?

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I do not have a solution to your HD gaming, but I do have a quick fix for your mahjong need. Try Mahjong Solitaire Pro 2.2 It works beautifully on our S7 running at full screen!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I want to play 4 player, not solitaire. :(

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I want to play 4 player, not solitaire. :(

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

The reason some games only use 1/4 of the screen is because the dpi's are set to 140-160. Most phones use 200 to 300dpi. You could use LCD density changer to temporarily go to somewhere between 200-300 dpi while you are on a game session, and when done restore to 140dpi. It's the best solution my 2bit brain can't come up with. I am more of a user than a hacker. Sorry.

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
I know THIS response is coming from ebay (has seen better days) BUT ive seen it elsewhere before too in comparison to the TAB ( read that the tab had a higher dpi than the S7 and that the S7 had a dpi "closer related to other devices") Does the S7 have fewer compatibility issues with apps than the TAB? (dont read those forums, unless im digging for S7 clues)

Q: what is the max. screen resolution?
A: Resolution - 800 x 480, 160 dpi, 262 thousand color shades, the sensor is made of resistive technology. Sensor is sensitive, use them as comfortable as it is capacitive. The viewing angles are small: in the vertical tilt tablet picture on the screen is inverted, with the horizontal - a bit lose contrast and brightness. In general, the image quality, and despite the physical size of the screen, the matrix grains is almost negligible.

or are we talking the resolution that is in build.prop ?

Last edited: