Samsung Shares List of First Galaxy Devices to get Android 4.0/ICS in Early 2012

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
sgs2-ics.jpg

Samsung today announced that they will be updating a slew of Galaxy devices to Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich early next year. The ICS update is scheduled for Q1 of 2012 for the following devices:
  • GALAXY S II
  • GALAXY S II LTE
  • GALAXY Note
  • GALAXY R
  • GALAXY Tab 10.1
  • GALAXY Tab 8.9
  • GALAXY Tab 7.7
  • GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus
Samsung indicated that the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note will get the update first, then the others will follow at some time within that quarter. They made no specific announcement of whether the U.S. versions will receive the update at the same time as the international versions. Considering that it is just a software update, you would think they could release them simultaneously, although that could stretch their servers thin.

Source: TalkAndroid

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Very exciting! I'm already in love with my note....would I love it more with the update?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow very surprised to see the Note at the top of the list. I assume it is heavily skinned to take advantage of it unique features which usually means longer to update. Idon'tknow at least one person that's happy about this news ;)