Samsung Shares RollOut Schedule for Android 4.0 On Their Tablets; Starts Next Month

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
TabIceCreamSandwichUpdate1.jpg

We have exciting news for Samsung Galaxy Tab owners. Samsung Mobile just shared the Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich update schedule for most of their Galaxy Tabs. It looks like most if not all of them will start receiving the rollout of ICS next month! Here's a quote directly from their site with all the details:

Good news, after long waiting Samsung will finally start with the Android 4.0 updates for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 – 8.9 – 10.1.
The updates will start in July but the most updates are planned for August.
According to our insider the update will improve your battery and speed.
Samsung Canada posted a schedule also when we will see the first galaxy Tab updates.
Even they say in July / August.
Another good thing is, when we have the first Android 4.0 for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 we will start making our review about the Galaxy Tab 7.7
If you want to see our first Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WIFI review please stay tuned.
That review is plannend to come online this month.
The next tablets will receive an Android 4.0 update.

• GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
  • GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
  • GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
  • GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
  • GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
  • GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
  • GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
  • GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

Source: SamMobile

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It is always nice when the OEMs make the updates clear.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
But they are leaving out a bunch of phones, including my Samsung Infuse.

brett2014

Jun 30, 2012
Sorry if this may seem a silly question, but quite frankly I have no idea what the answer is. I am new to tablets, only had the Samsung 7.7 for 7 months. Love it and...

Really want to go to ICS (have Honeycomb right now) so thrilled about the news ICS is coming. Upgrading the OS is a BIG thing. So how do you back up your whole tablet to anything? My cloud account is only 6.5Gb, the card slot is in use and the SD card probably needs to be there. Previous experience in IT says you always back up comprehensively before something major like this - but it isn't as if I can just whack an external tape drive on.

A USB cable connection - version 2.0 - will take forever.

And then, how would you back up? Or is a feature of the upgrade to guide you through a backup procedure?

Any thoughts or links would be welcome.