Samsung Starts Rolling Out Android 4.0.4 ICS For The Galaxy Tab 8.9 In The United Sta

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By Rajesh Pandey on August 28th, 2012

Slowly and steadily, Samsung has been updating its Galaxy line-up of devices to Ice Cream Sandwich. After getting its flagship devices, the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note, out of the way by Q2 of 2012, the Korean company has been silently updating its tablets to ICS.

Galaxy_Tab_8_9.jpeg

After rolling out the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy Tab 7.7, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung has decided to shower some Ice Cream Sandwich love on the Galaxy Tab 8.9. The Android 4.0.4 update for the tablet is already live in the United States, can Tab 8.9 owners can use Samsung’s KIES software to install the update. The update is also being rolled out via OTA, but the update notification might take sometime to hit your tablet so use Samsung’s KIES software if you cannot wait to get your hands on the update.

The Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi will bring with it some much needed performance and stability improvements, UI tweaks, Face unlock, in-built data monitoring tool, enhanced copy and paste and in-built dictionary and much more.

Keep in mind that as of now, the update is only available for the Wi-Fi only variant of the Galaxy Tab 8.9, and not any of the carrier versions. Owners of carrier-branded variants of the tablet need to wait until the update is approved from their carrier.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I finally installed ICS on my AT&T Samsung galaxy 8.9" but since I don't have a contract right now with them I did it downloading KIES on my PC. Not a huge difference so far, may be its a little faster,I don't know yet if the battery life is better, just upgraded it yesterday.I saw on old post that somebody was complaining because he lost the Swyping motion on the Samsung keyboard, I was using Swype before upgrading, my favorite and its still working great. So far so good . :)