Scanner with USB (document scanner)

zekev

Jun 21, 2011
Hi guys !

I want to know if it's possible to plug a scanner to the USB port of the A500 tab ? I mean a scanner like a document scanner (ex : canoscan...).

I know that you can take a picture of a document (scan to pdf does that). But its not precise enough for me... her (my gf). I saw some brand like samsung, brother... they offer a wifi printing and scanning but it seems like the printer or scanner must be in a network (I tried to print with my CLP315W and it work via wifi).

The problem is that my girlfriend works in a artist studio and the building offers a wifi connection but not really access to the router to configure a wireless scanner/printer. And more, she already have a scanner.

So just looking to know if someone as ever did that a scanner via USB ?

Thanks !

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
How big is her scanner? If it's portable enough, take it to store and ask them to hook it up, see if it works...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

zekev

Jun 21, 2011
Hi thanks for the tips... I already plugged the scanner in the USB port... it didn't work. Also, her scanner is powered only by the usb cable and my Iconia was not plugged to the power supply, I guess it wasn't able to provide sufficient power to the scanner (like my external HD is working only if the Iconia is plugged in to the power outlet).But anyways, it doen't seems like an app exist to scan document. Her scanner is a Canon and theres is no Canon scanner app in the android market.Thanks.

drozas

May 1, 2011
I think their may be support for USB drivers when 3.1 comes out. Then its just waiting for someone to write the software. Only a matter of time.

Sent from my A500

TomAccusoft

Sep 5, 2012
Hi, I know this thread is a bit old, but for those that wind up here....

I work for Accusoft (full disclosure) and we recently released an app that lets you hook USB scanners to your Android devices (most tablets running 3.2 or later). You can find it in the Play store. Just search for Accusoft USB Scanner. There is a fully featured Trial version that will let you test with your scanner and your tablet. If you have issues, contact our support: ScanAppSupport at accusoft dot com

Best regards,

Tom

Hi guys !

I want to know if it's possible to plug a scanner to the USB port of the A500 tab ? I mean a scanner like a document scanner (ex : canoscan...).

I know that you can take a picture of a document (scan to pdf does that). But its not precise enough for me... her (my gf). I saw some brand like samsung, brother... they offer a wifi printing and scanning but it seems like the printer or scanner must be in a network (I tried to print with my CLP315W and it work via wifi).

The problem is that my girlfriend works in a artist studio and the building offers a wifi connection but not really access to the router to configure a wireless scanner/printer. And more, she already have a scanner.

So just looking to know if someone as ever did that a scanner via USB ?

Thanks !

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi, I know this thread is a bit old, but for those that wind up here....

I work for Accusoft (full disclosure) and we recently released an app that lets you hook USB scanners to your Android devices (most tablets running 3.2 or later). You can find it in the Play store. Just search for Accusoft USB Scanner. There is a fully featured Trial version that will let you test with your scanner and your tablet. If you have issues, contact our support: ScanAppSupport at accusoft dot com

Best regards,

Tom

Tom, there is no support for canoscan models like the 9950 or the 3000. I have both.

I use to work for Canon and I'm not familiar with the model supported by the app. I work on commercial DR type scanners and on MFD's that scan to email and folders over networks.