Screen Brightness Issue with Lenovo S8-50

Kleen

Dec 30, 2014
When I am using my tablet in games and apps the screen gets really dim. Sometimes it stays dim for a while and other times it goes from dim to max brightness many times within in a minute. If I go to the home screen the screen doesn't fix it self so I am assuming it is not just from certain games. If I try to fix it by adjusting the brightness slider I notice it is always where leave it (max brightness) however some times I am able to set it all the way down and back up to temporally fix the problem but it always comes back quickly. I tried looking around for solutions and did basic trouble shooting like a factory reset and exchanging it for a new one with no luck. I have seen post about this being cause from energy saving features and automatic dimming but I do not have any of these features.

tsg2513

May 29, 2012
I have the S8-50 as well and I am experiencing the exact same issue. It isn't just your device. It must be a software/firmware issue.

mgilf

Jan 2, 2015
I downloaded keep screen set it up has taken care of this issue for the time being

usmc8408

Feb 7, 2015
As I'm typing on the s8 tablet and having the same issue I've noticed my processor is really hot. I'm thinking it may be an overheat protection type thing because the brightness was fine until it got hot, then it seemed to dim.

Maybe, could be, possibly?