Screen turning off and on when asleep?

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I've read on page four of the "System Update" thread on this forum that Acer knows about the screen bug and is releasing an update to fix the issue. Currently, however, the update seems to only be for italy, grace, and a couple other countries. I live in the US, so I don't have the update yet. Hopefully when the update becomes available for all or we simp,y get the full Honeycomb 3.1 update (which I read we're getting by next month) then the whole screen turning on and off will be a funny story to reminisce about.

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
I have the same problem, but I'm sure this will be fixed in the 3.1 update, or maybe even before that.

-Joe.

hishambachir

Jun 1, 2011
hello, i'm an acer executive, i've the same problem with my A500, fowarded the problem to technical support, their answer is that it is a soft problem and it will be solved with an update during june, so just be patient :)
ciao

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
I guess there is no solution to this issue as of now because the wifi is going to react to any possible signal and I guess the better option is to keep the unit's wifi disabled till the time you are not working on it.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I got an update a few days ago. That fixed this issue and brought exchange support. It was a good update. :)