SD Card Slot question

routeburner

Jan 17, 2012
I can use the SD card from my camera to import the pictures (or music, movies) to my tablet, but am I right in assuming that you cannot access the items off of the SD card without saving them to your tablet first? Seems kinda odd that you can't view or play the items without "saving them".

XE1UFO

Feb 18, 2012
I have this same question. Why does it always want to "import" the files from my SD card to the machine? The idea was to leave as much machine memory available as possible for apps. Thanks in advance!

einsnico

Sep 18, 2011
Oh wow no answer to this easy question yet!!!!
OK yes you import files from camera to tablet using SD card, and yes you can also view/play files from SD card, the easiest way is to open "File Transfer" tap the file you wish to play, but hold it down until see 3 options "Open file", "Delete" and "Cancel". At this point select "Open file" and after that it should ask you to choose an app capable of playing that app, that's it. I tested this procedure for music, pictures and videos/movies, and works pretty well. That way we won't ran out of space!! Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
you can access the directly.
Use a file manager file Astro, or something else.
Some programs like book readers will import the files because they need to manipulate the files a bit.
But it is possible to direct access them. I do.

barryhope

Apr 18, 2012
you can also buy a usb to female usb from ebay and then you can read anything stored on memory sticks or portable harddrives basically you can have as much storage as you want my adaptor from ebay from japan cost me 99p and I am watching my files stored on it now vids/books etc I use file expert to view my files through usb1 works so you need a (2.0 a female to micro micro-b usb 5pin male adapotor connector) hope some people find this useful also i bought just a basic connector you can buy ones with longer leads etc if need be :)

lhlan

Dec 27, 2011
Now with ICS, you can access the files on SD card without saving, copying, or 3rd party apps.

Awesome!