Camera Pictures on External SD Card Fail to Load

scarson001

Jun 15, 2011
I've taken pictures and videos with both the front and rear cameras, saved them to the external card, and without fail every time I power down and back on the pictures are wiped from the card.

I've taken the card out, reformatted it on my PC and tried saving other files on it. The card is good, it will store other pictures and videos on it, and the A500 will play these files. These file will also remain on the card after a power off/on. However, again new pictures taken from the camera (front and rear) will not be preserved on the external card after a power off/on.

I called Acer yesterday, they report not hearing about this one yet and have logged the concern.

Has anyone else had issues storing pics/videos on the external SD card?? Before you take too many pics you may want to make sure you have them backed up in case you run into this issue.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I would suggest that for now, until it gets sorted out, save the pics to the device, then use a file manager to move them where you want them. Surely not the answer you want, but a workaround unto the real solution is found.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

karlsl

May 15, 2011
I've taken pictures and videos with both the front and rear cameras, saved them to the external card, and without fail every time I power down and back on the pictures are wiped from the card.

I've taken the card out, reformatted it on my PC and tried saving other files on it. The card is good, it will store other pictures and videos on it, and the A500 will play these files. These file will also remain on the card after a power off/on. However, again new pictures taken from the camera (front and rear) will not be preserved on the external card after a power off/on.

I called Acer yesterday, they report not hearing about this one yet and have logged the concern.

Has anyone else had issues storing pics/videos on the external SD card?? Before you take too many pics you may want to make sure you have them backed up in case you run into this issue.

First of all, is it 3.1 you are using right now? if that is true, then you are looking at the wrong DCIM folder. before 3.1, DCIM was under external_sd folder so all the pics taken from camera would save there. but now, for 3.1, DCIM is under sdcard folder, so after taken the pic from the camera, you can find the pic under /sdcard/DCIM/