SD Card Usage Help

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
OK, I'm a bit (?) confused...I have installed a microSD card (8gb, Fat32) into my A500...Now; How do I use it? How do I transfer files and so on to the card? I have been using a file explorer program but when I select the card, it shows the main A500 directory (I think)...Hope the question is clear enough...Thanks,

Steve

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
We need a FAQ around here. This particular question as been asked over and over.

/mnt <== to here to see the folders below
/mnt/external_sd < == microSD that you add
/mnt/usb_storage < == usb storage
/mnt/sdcard <== internal, stock SD

For some things, it is best to remove the card and install movies, music, or pictures on your PC. There also programs in the market that let you transfer files via WiFi. They are useful too. You can't see the external_sd if you connect to your PC via usb, btw. That should get fixed in the HC 3.1 update coming later.

Last edited:

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
I did search for a concise answer in the Forum, but couldn't find one that I could really understand...Thanks for your reply...

Would you recommend a good file manager program among the many that are out there? (I know that's been asked also, but i would appreciate your opinion...) Thanks again,

Steve

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I use Astro, but I'm not certain it is better than any others. I saw it recommended and just grabbed it. :) I tried to do a search too but didn't get much....a FAQ is what is needed...maybe they can make it a sticky or something.

buffaloquinn

May 21, 2011
There are many file explorers out there. I've heard there are some issues with File Explorer HD though (possibly deleting files?). I am using Root Explorer. I think the biggest thing is it is such a different UI from the Windows explorers I'm used to. Wireless transfer is probably easiest for small files but for larger transfers, pull the card and transfer with some kind of reader directly connected to the PC.