SD Card

nannym

Jan 28, 2011
At the moment I am just "playing" with my Android Google 2.1 HDMI 7" MIDX5A Epad, however, I have already come across a problem - I think:eek:. My question is 2-fold, I have put in an SDHC Card which has photographs on it. First of all it says preparing SD Card and then Damaged SD Card? but I can still see my photographs if put in camera.

Question 1 is, can I not use an SDHC Card? and
Question 2 is, if/when I get it to read a card how do I transfer to the tablet?

I regret the instructions might as well have been written by someone on the Moon:confused:. Anyone know of clear instructions:rolleyes:

Any help much appreciated.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Try an ordinary SD, formatted to FAT32 to see if it works to isolate the issue.

If it reads the card, it will be mounted locally to the device either in the folder /sdcard or /nand in most cases. You can transfer data by connecting the miniUSB cable to your computer and selecting to mount the external card when connected to a computer

sobapan

Jan 29, 2011
I have the same problem! I have a SuperPad(WowPad) and I loved everything about it and it did everything with ease until this.
It will read my old 2GB microSD that I took out of my phone, but now I went out and bought a 8gb microSDHC and it just pops up "Damaged SD Card" when I put it in my tablet. The old non-HC one still works in it, and I know my new 8gb one isn't damaged because it works in my phone! Why won't these tablets recognize SDHC??

edit: Both my SD and SDHC are formatted FAT32 btw. The one that is recognized by the tablet is a Lexar 2gb microSD, and the one that is not recognized is a PNY 8gb microSDHC class 4.

Last edited:

nannym

Jan 28, 2011
Try an ordinary SD, formatted to FAT32 to see if it works to isolate the issue.

If it reads the card, it will be mounted locally to the device either in the folder /sdcard or /nand in most cases. You can transfer data by connecting the miniUSB cable to your computer and selecting to mount the external card when connected to a computer

Thank you, regret you are talking to a lady over a certain age! so know most things but not everything! My card, Panasonic SDHC Class 4 4GB it came with the camera. Could you please advise how I format it to FAT32? although from Sobapan's answer it would appear not to be the problem. Looks like I will have to buy an ordinary SD card which is not what my camera uses. Once again thanks for any help.

axlcobos

Mar 9, 2011
I bought 2 Midro SD card to be instaled on a SuperPad(wow Pad). Androind give me a mesage that they are damage, but it try them on my lap top and they works. They are 2 Kingston 8GB class 4 with format FAT32. Please let me know what should i do be recognized on the Tablet. Should format to linux (ext3)? or change them for a lower class, like 2?