Seems to be a capacitive version of this tablet ?

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
Wholesale New,7 inch MID,Android 2.2 OS,Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 1Ghz solution,Capacitive Display Screen with

I dont know if this seller can be trusted.

Buy at your own risk.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The AliExpress posting has been out for a while. Considering that the resistive shanzhai version has only been out for a week or so, i doubt the capacitive version is being mass produced yet. This is either a preorder or an order for an engineering sample.

Did you ask the seller

January maybe. We'll probably find out first thing on shanzhaiben or something.

The DokiDoki video is a Telechips I think.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
here's the same one for $218

Wholesale New Style 7" Tablet PC ,MID, Android 2.2 + WIFI+ Free shipping

there are mis-spellings in the ad but the seller has a decent number of positive reviews.

here's another one for $268.

Wholesale Freeshipping Android 2.2 Tablet A9, 7 inch,laptop, Capacitive multi touch screen,0.3M camera, hot sale, 1080P

has everything spelled right except title calls it A9 and we all know the s5pv210 is an a8 processor. it's the tablet version of the hummingbird processor in the samsung epic

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
one more

i may pull the trigger on this one $201.03

Wholesale 2011 newest tablet pc/ Android 2.2 OS+samsung CPU+Multi touch screen+WIFI+capacitive screen+External

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings quantumfusion:

I don't what to give bad impressions about AliExpress.
I made two transactions with this Seller.
The first went without a problem, recieved the VideoCamera, A++++ quality, everything OK.
The Second Transaction, a small China Netbook, bad transaction, Keyboard not working, had to return it.
Thankful I recieved my refund, but lost $72.00CAD for returning the product back to the Seller.
I believe if you can contact the Seller personally and come to an agreement that if something is wrong or you want
to return the product, you won't loose money.
Regards Robert

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Yes Bigwooly I've been following this link too.

But as you can read my reply to Quantumfusion link, you have to understand that I'm very hestiated to use this Sellers
service again.
Although this is the best price I've seen for this particular Tablet.
I will wait until someone buys from this seller to confirm that everything is OK with the product delivered.
Be careful because there is a Dropad D10 out there that looks similar to this one, but not the same specs.

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
I'm also after this wonderful tablet...the thing is to take care about the 2 models:

-S5PC210 with 512Mb

and

- TC8902 with 256Mb (seen for about 185-190$ with shipping)

I've seen the first and good one for about 240$ with shipping in Aliexpress
and even 210$ with EMS for 2 units

Wholesale HDMI Android 2.2OS Tablet PC 8inch Laptop MID Samsung S5PV210 CPU with Camera 3G WIFI

but afraid of receiving a TC8902 version....what do you think?

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
I ordered this one - Wholesale WINBEST new arrivial, 7 inch android 2.2 with S5PV210 A8 CPU, 2 point touch capacitive screen
should be here this weekend, already shipping since of yesterday. Good feedback, someone else from Slatedroid also bought from this seller.

bbulzak

Feb 25, 2011
I ordered one of these A8 tablets on Feb 14. After a week the supplier "shipped" the item and provided a tracking number - fake. They just pretend to ship to save the order from automatic cancellation by Aliexpress.

After 5 days he admitted that these Samsung A8 tablets were not ready yet so I opened a dispute and got my refund.

I am very eager to try my luck with a different supplier, if any of you get lucky please let me know.

Thank you

Bartek

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
Well, I got my tablet from the supplier on Aliexpress that i linked earlier, And had no issues. I knew a few others did as well.

AndroidMtl

Apr 26, 2011
I am very eager to try my luck with a different supplier, if any of you get lucky please let me know.

Have you ordered elsewhere since then? I am Montreal based and sell a tablet with the Samsung PV210 CPU (ARM Cortex A8). Have a look at my website ServInfo-Plus. I can arrange a local pickup (in Montreal). Let me know.