semi opaque image in camera mode

RupertSodwind

Nov 26, 2014
Hi
I'm expecting a new (for me) tablet tomorrow (Samsung galaxy note 10.1 edition 2014).
What I'd like to do, although I don't think it's possible, is to have a semi opaque image overlaid on the camera view before I take the shot.
The reason I'd like to do this is as follows: I'm involved in photo restoration & repairing/restoring vintage photos.
My current project is to produce 'then & now' shots of streets & buildings & it's necessary to line up the new shot exactly with the old shot. So far I've used a print of the vintage photo & attempted to align the 2 shots by eye. This can be rather hit & miss so it would be great if, when taking the new shot to have a semi transparent view of the old one so that I can line them up more or less exactly. Here attached is an example:
Does anyone know if or how this can be done?

Attachments

• GDHS3013.jpg
    GDHS3013.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 560

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome to the Android Tablet Forum, Rupert.
I read a review of an IOS app, Overlay Camera, that says it does what you're looking for. There's an app, in the Play Store with the same name. Don't know if its by the same developer, or not, but it may fit with what you want to do.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
There's another app, called Camera Overlay, that indicates that it will, "Take pictures in the same place multiple times using images superposition. Choose the image base and change the opacity trying to match over the camera."
Designed for phones, though, and may not be comparable with your Samsung.