Settings > About device > Status > Battery level - 100% is it achievable?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Has anyone observed 100% "Battery level" after charging or anything close? If so, what is your method of charging?

No matter how long the tablet is charged or which of the many methods suggested how best to charge the Li-Ion or Li-on Batteries, as soon at it is unplugged the "Battery level" never reports anything more than 92% and drops off rapidly.

Model number SYNET7LP
Hardware ID 11.2.1.8

The upside is at least the tablet responds (correctly reports) to whether it's connected to the power adapter. For those around long enough, the earlier software versions didn't give the correct indication when the power adapter was either connected or removed thus without any visual indication (power led) there was no way to tell if the tablet was really charging.

Any ideas of how to get a "full" or near full charge? If it's a warranty issue, it might be time for the tablet to take another trip to NJ for repair/replacement.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Has anyone observed 100% "Battery level" after charging or anything close? If so, what is your method of charging?

No matter how long the tablet is charged or which of the many methods suggested how best to charge the Li-Ion or Li-on Batteries, as soon at it is unplugged the "Battery level" never reports anything more than 92% and drops off rapidly.

Model number SYNET7LP
Hardware ID 11.2.1.8

The upside is at least the tablet responds (correctly reports) to whether it's connected to the power adapter. For those around long enough, the earlier software versions didn't give the correct indication when the power adapter was either connected or removed thus without any visual indication (power led) there was no way to tell if the tablet was really charging.

Any ideas of how to get a "full" or near full charge? If it's a warranty issue, it might be time for the tablet to take another trip to NJ for repair/replacement.

I understand that our tablets are very similar. I could only hit 98% when I first got mine, but a few weeks in it has "learned" 100%. Not sure if it is the case with yours, but they are set up to learn battery charge. Usual regimine is the good old overnight charge. 100% every time.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I get 100% everytime. I leave mine plugged in over night and let it run until it automatically shuts down. Rinse and repeat.

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I own 1 EX7 and 1 7LP. I don't do anything special with either, just use them and when done plug them in for charge. They always charge to 100%.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you all, it must be a hardware issue then with this tablet. An overnight charge resulted in "Battery level" 82% which dropped to 60% in 20 minutes with Wi-Fi off, screen set to lowest level, no activity, just watching the "Status" screen and killed all Background applications except Home. After 30 minutes "Up time" 57%. Going to set "Screen timeout" to "Never timeout" and let it shutdown at critical battery 15% and then leave overnight again. If same results, I will request repair.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Thank you all, it must be a hardware issue then with this tablet. An overnight charge resulted in "Battery level" 82% which dropped to 60% in 20 minutes with Wi-Fi off, screen set to lowest level, no activity, just watching the "Status" screen and killed all Background applications except Home. After 30 minutes "Up time" 57%. Going to set "Screen timeout" to "Never timeout" and let it shutdown at critical battery 15% and then leave overnight again. If same results, I will request repair.

That is what my current RA unit was doing when I sent it back last week. (#4)