Should i use my huawei s7 as a phone and how do i increase battery life

tektalk2day

Oct 17, 2012
Should i use my huawei s7 as a phone cause my phone is really crappy and i wan my tablets antitheft to work without wifi and how do i increase bbattery life?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Should i use my huawei s7 as a phone cause my phone is really crappy and i wan my tablets antitheft to work without wifi and how do i increase bbattery life?

Welcome to the forum

Even if your tablet has a SIM card it was only intended to be used for data. Unless your tablet is a phone/tablet like the Galaxy Note it won't work.There are some VOIP apps and Google Talk/Skype apps -- that are limited but definitely don't turn your tablet into a phone.

tektalk2day

Oct 17, 2012
The tablet is able to work with my sim and do phone calls but should i use it as a phone for my antitheft and is there a way to improuve my battery life cause it last 2h max

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The tablet is able to work with my sim and do phone calls but should i use it as a phone for my antitheft and is there a way to improuve my battery life cause it last 2h max

If it is able to be used as a phone the decision is up to you. Most tablets are a little large to be used as a phone. There are several apps available on the Google Store that will help with the anti theft, Lookout Security is one, and again, it's up to you.

As for the battery life and making it faster I have no idea where to start. Usually any active (live) widgets or active wallpaper will eat up battery and make the system slower along with screen brightness, WiFi, and blue tooth, not necessarily in that order for battery life. I hope that gives you a starting point.

tfmspm

May 28, 2011
I have BB s104 and have used as phone on T-Mobile.. no problems. Tried att sim from friends phone and got data as well as phone working no problems. I found that using as phone w/out data could go all day at work ...screen only on when I recieved calls. If tablet rooted can use set CPU to lower speed to 798 and will give you better battery life but slower...can't have both. Ordered 2 spare batteries from china a couple of yrs ago for about $25 easy to carry with you and pop in and out.....gives plenty of use . If you do texting stick to stock ROM...tried most of the ROMs out there and if was using a phone some would not receive texts.....have fun with it....pretty cool for such n early tablet/phone.