Tethering with my phone HTC Hero

alfi258

May 17, 2011
Hello everybody
I'm a newbie !!
I'm French so sorry for my english !!!!! :(

I have an Huawei Ideos S7 and i want use the 3g of my HTC Hero 2.2 rooted but when i use anetshare on my phone, the tablet don't see it
Nevertheless it works with my computer
How i can do for Make to be able to have the 3g on ma huawei (it is in 2.2) ? :confused::confused::confused:
Thank you

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Comment allez-vous? Ton anglais est bon. (not sure if I said that correctly)

I don't think that the S7 (or most android devices) can use an "ad-hoc" wifi network (and I'm pretty sure that the Hero is creating an ad-hoc network). There might be some posts here about changing the S7 wpa_supplicant file to fix this, but otherwise it won't work.

I have tried the same thing with my Droid: an iPod touch can see the Droid but the S7 cannot.

Last edited:

alfi258

May 17, 2011
Thanks for my english Jdubtrey and for the answer!!!!!
I would be really disappointed if it did not work!!!!
I know that it works with the nook color (rooted android 2.3 with HTC HD2 rooted )
There is surement a solution and I am going to continue has to look and so about one can m help it will please me

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for my english Jdubtrey and for the answer!!!!!
I would be really disappointed if it did not work!!!!
I know that it works with the nook color (rooted android 2.3 with HTC HD2 rooted )
There is surement a solution and I am going to continue has to look and so about one can m help it will please me

Try this thread to see if the answer is in there somewhere.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips-6.html#post16818

Some andoird devices can do it. I don't think the S7 can without modification.

alfi258

May 17, 2011
Well i come back!!
Just a small question: if I spend under joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable v1.2, is my ideos s7 can use a resau ad hoc?
Thank you

alfi258

May 17, 2011
Well i come back!!
Just a small question: if I spend under joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable v1.2, is my ideos s7 can use an "ad-hoc" wifi network
Thank you

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
I had ad hoc working using my HTC hero under 2.1 I tried to get it to work with 2.2 but without success. I think the supplicant file mentioned in the link is compiled against 2.1 and is incompatible

Pete

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

alfi258

May 17, 2011
Thanks Pedro !!!
I think that it's impossible to make an infrastructure network with our hero and so ....i'm very very very disappointed !!!!!!!