Skin Case for 7015

Fuzion

Dec 26, 2010
Hello All.

The 7015 comes with a clean book like case with a front cover.
I was able to use the screen protector sold for the samsung galaxy tablet (with a small cutout of the bottom section) to fit on the screen.

Has anyone found a skin case for the 7015?
Something that would wrap around the side and back of the unit to protect it from damage and my fingerprints on the back side?

Thanks,
Fuzion

tdf666

Dec 27, 2010
I'm looking for the same thing myself. Bump.

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
skinit.com has several skins for other tabs....but maybe you could get one to work....

tabbycat

Jan 15, 2011
I got to try out a samsung galaxy silicone skin by amzer - it fit fine, just had the holes in the wrong places for Kyros buttons/ports

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I like the case that came with it. I spray glued some black felt to the inside top to protect the screen and a piece to the inside bottom to give a little tighter fit.
I like the ability to use the case to stand the tablet up on the desk while working.

Fuzion

Dec 26, 2010
Ok...I've tried two cases made for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet and had some questionable results.

The first one was a silicone skin that was mentioned above.
I had to cut out with a razor some spots on the skin to have access to the speaker and right side home/menu buttons.
Overall, it works with a slight amount of deadspace up top that I used a small piece of foam to fill in.
There is an cutout opening on the right side to access samsung galaxy tablet buttons that does not help our 7015 as it flaps open.
The fit is quite snug but the side flaps that wrap around the edges show a small gap based on which side of the skin is pulled.

The second skin that I hacked up was a non silicone skin that is more of a rigid plastic for the samsung galaxy tablet.
I got the skin at a local radio shack thinking it would be a good fit but the coby 7015 did not fit at all, too tight.
Apparently the corners of our 7015 is not a match for a samsung galaxy tablet.
I cutoff the lower end of the plastic skin so I could access completely the connections at the bottom.
Additionally, I cut out part of the side of the case to access the home/menu buttons.
There is some headspace on the top end of the case as I noted above, the corners are too tight to fit.
Overall, it does fit snuggly in but I do have "open" areas of the 7015 that are not covered by the skin at the bottom.

At this point, I awaiting option 3, which is a silicone case for the barnes and noble nook.
I'll post again to review what I had to do for button/connection access and see if i can get a better fit.

Fuzion

Cheechong

Jan 19, 2011
I have notice that the new Kindle 3 has very similar dimension to our device.
I have not personally seen the comparison, so the corners my be a problem as well.

I have not yet tested this theory, but when i get some extra cash I will be checking out this: Marware Eco-Vue Kindle

It is not exactly a skin, but a cleverly designed case with a unique strap on the back for fingerless gripping of the tablet....GENIUS!!!

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I'm looking for the same thing myself. Bump.

I know its a bit off topic however; aside from still being new to Android Tablets, I'm also a bit new to regular Forums. What does it mean when someone posts "Bump" on a topic? I always thought it was asking a Mod to remove the post but given the context here I'm thinking I'm wrong :)

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
It moves the topic back to the top of the forum to try and get more replys.
Most forums don't allow post to be bumped.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
It may not be a true skin, but the case I have been using for the last month is by M-Edge for a Kindle. All buttons are easily accessible, zips closed on three side, has a front zippered pocket and a back pocket, it does not allow to hear the speaker well (but i don't have a use for the speaker that much). It can be gotten from BestBuy ( and probably other places as well) - SKU is 1268972 - about $35. This case has worked well for me.

M-Edge Accessories - Latitude Jacket for Amazon Kindle - Black - AK3-Z1-C-B

$medge.jpg $medge2.jpg