goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
i have the m701 pad and am very happy with it
New 7 inch Android Tablet PC. IROBOT. ROCKCHIP UK Stock on eBay (end time 01-Dec-10 11:11:55 GMT)

the odd market android app will download but wont install but i can live with that

at the moment i have no micro sd card installed.(lost in the post) if that would make a difference

but i cannot get skype to work.
i can install then run ( from the Android market), but it crashes out when entering account information

i have also tried the skype lite but that asks fro a phone number which i dont have and do not need as i have a account already.

a - how / is it possible to use skype
b - are there any other similar apps i can use.( fripp ??)

i was hoping to use when i go to the USA next year

any ideas anyone

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
ran into this problem, turns out you cannot install the latest version of skype - look for skype lite beta - http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/skype-lite-beta

lets you install, log in and make calls BUT
currently my haipad 701 is having problems connecting the calls - still looking for a solution

as an alternative you can look at truphone which allows calls to land or mobile phones

i have the m701 pad and am very happy with it
New 7 inch Android Tablet PC. IROBOT. ROCKCHIP UK Stock on eBay (end time 01-Dec-10 11:11:55 GMT)

the odd market android app will download but wont install but i can live with that

at the moment i have no micro sd card installed.(lost in the post) if that would make a difference

but i cannot get skype to work.
i can install then run ( from the Android market), but it crashes out when entering account information

i have also tried the skype lite but that asks fro a phone number which i dont have and do not need as i have a account already.

a - how / is it possible to use skype
b - are there any other similar apps i can use.( fripp ??)

i was hoping to use when i go to the USA next year

any ideas anyone

S87

Oct 10, 2010
I installed Skype on my M701-R, but each time I tried to enter my password, the application quit and re-started itself.