So Many Bluetooth Devices, So Little Time

Smokeybear

Oct 21, 2021
Ok, this may be a strange question but let me ask it anyway. I have a Samsung Tab A7, a Samsung S20 5G, a OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner, and a 2017 Ford F150 with Sync 2. I'm trying to get them all to play nicely together at the same time. They are all Bluetooth compatible but only two can be connected by Bluetooth at once.
Now for what I am trying to do. I have the Car Launcher app on the tablet which is the program that shows me the OBD2 info from the truck, the navigation from Google maps, controls music, and handles phone calls and messages, all in one app. So the OBD is Bluetooth only, the phone and the tablet have USB-C ports, and the truck has a USB input in the dash. The tablet does not have a LTE nor a GPS chip so it has to be connected to the phone to work nav, phone and messages. So finally the question, how do I get all these devices to play together?

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What happens when you use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect the tablet to the truck? I don't have a Ford, but I do think the physical connection should free up a bluetooth connection so you can connect the phone to the tablet to use its GPSr. A much simpler solution would be to upgrade your tablet to one that includes the GPSr.