[Solved] Chrome Stopped On My Android

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Hi all, I am brand new to this site and I am glad I found it! I am using a 4.2.1 Android tablet and my Chrome sites stopped working this weekend. They were all working fine on Friday, but when I used my tablet Saturday and today I always get the sentence: "Chrome failed at start up due to an unexpected error" on all the sites I found using my Chrome search. Is the above quoted statement familiar to anyone out there? If so, how do I make it go away?

I will be back Monday afternoon to see if anyone has replied.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Are you talking about the Chrome browser, or something else?

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Yes, I use Chrome as my browser and I found several sites using Chrome that I use and made icons from. Anything using Chrome gives that sentence I posted.

I will be back tomorrow afternoon PST.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to settings - applications - scroll to all. Find Chrome and tap it, tell it to clear cache, force stop and restart the tablet. If that doesn't allow it to work try going back to the same place and also reset settings. That may or may not mess up your sites you set up but you also may not have much choice.

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Hi leeshor
I tried what you said and it worked!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! The first time I tried clearing the cashe and a force stop, it didn't work. But, the second time I uninstalled too before restarting. So thanks again and I will be back next time I am stumped with a problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi CanAm, glad you got it working properly again and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join us here at Android Tablets.