[SOLVED] Flash Player

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
My new tablet won't play videos on Facebook Samsung Galaxy android. I tried to download Adobe flash player and it says my tablet doesn't support it. What should I do? Thakyou

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Get Dolphin Browser, make certain enable add-ons is checked and go to a site with Flash and it should offer to install it for you. Android Flash Player hasn't been supported for some time now but can still be installed. It was Adobe that discontinued supporting it.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Hi. I downloaded the dolphin browser . I can't find ENABLE ADD ONS. What do I do? I still can't view videos on facebook.
thankyou

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Dolphin's add-ons are accessed by a swipe from the right hand side of the screen to the left. However, add-ons won't help you here. Head here for detailed instructions to get Flash working on your tablet.

The nutshell version of the above:
  1. Install Dolphin.
  2. Open settings, head to "Lock Screen and Security", and make sure "Unknown Sources" is enabled.
  3. Install Flash from the link given above. DO NOT use a version from Adobe's page. It won't install.
  4. Open Dolphin.
  5. Access Dolphin settings by tapping on the Dolphin icon.
  6. Set Flash in settings to "Always On".

That's it. I recommend turning on Dolphin Jetpack while in settings, but it's not required to get Flash working. A reboot shouldn't be needed either, but won't hurt.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Ok I will try that tomorrow thankyou. Do you know how I take a screen shot on this tablet.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
I installed dolphin went to download Adobe flash 11.1 it goes there and says your tablet does not support adobe. I followed the instructions you sent me. I went into settings on dolphin and allowed flash. Nothing works. Please help:(
thank you
Pat

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You have to be doing something wrong. The instructions at the site link I provided are what I used on my Galaxy S4 to get Flash working. I know it works because the one site I frequent that still uses Flash-based video players functions perfectly. If Flash wasn't installed or I was using another browser I would get a warning message to upgrade or install Flash.

You mention going to download Flash, but it's not clear where you downloaded the Flash APK from. Just to be crystal clear on this, you cannot download the APK from Adobe as it will refuse to install. The version you download from the site link I provided is one that has been modified to work on tablets running Android 4.2 and later.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Duh me. OK I finally did it. I was doing something wrong but I figured it out and now I can see the videos on facebook. Thankyou so much for your help. Pat