[SOLVED] Lollipop Ruined Tablet

Shot4me

Jul 19, 2015
Android 5.1 has already "winged" to my Nexus 7 and it is now useless. I have a 2012 32gb with WiFi. I have tried all the fixes that I understand (forums are full of ideas that I don't understand enough to follow). I now need to purchase a new tablet. Most of the tablets I have looked at, Shield, Samsung Tab S, Asus Vivo Tabe and Asus MeMo, when I look at them at sites have kitkat 4 still installed. Will it update after I get it? Will it ruin them when it does? I use Crome for internet use, Kendle app, Google maps and a lot of Youtube. I don't need a super-fancy tablet, but I don want something reliable and that Google can't ruin. I loved my Nexus 7, it did everything I needed it to do.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
And you don't downgrade to KitKat because?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

Shot4me

Jul 19, 2015
Exactly how is it ruined?
It has not worked since the final upgade that Google did. It takes forever to load, it blanks out in the middle of any use. It can take 10 min to start up and sometimes doesn't load at all just "starting up apps". I just don't know enough to fix!!

Shot4me

Jul 19, 2015
And you don't downgrade to KitKat because?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
Don't know how to do that? Where can I find out how? And I understand that Nexus 7 will not be supported in the future, so this seems like the time for a change.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Next time you get it running just do a factory reset. Settings - backup and reset. Note that the data will be lost. But I suspect it will come back to life.

Shot4me

Jul 19, 2015
I just can't thank you enough!!!! It worked and my Nexus 7 is functioning again & with lollipop!! I have been looking on forums and reading a bunch of stuff that didn't make any sense and managed it with 2 simple sentences. Again thank you so much.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You're quite welcome. Upgrades can do that to some devices, especially major ones. Factory resets are a wonder in that case. ;)

viviennearcher

Jul 21, 2015
Exactly, My much loved, much praised, daily used Nexus 7 gave up the fight and turned into a brick! So I have bought a lenova 8 machine. At present seems wonderful. Priced at £ 132 brilliant purchase.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

viviennearcher

Jul 21, 2015
Exactly, My much loved, much praised, daily used Nexus 7 gave up the fight and turned into a brick! So I have bought a lenova 8 machine. At present seems wonderful. Priced at £ 132 brilliant purchase.

I tried doing a factory reset, but it just kept erasing left it for 24 hours but nothing worked.

Android 5.1 has already "winged" to my Nexus 7 and it is now useless. I have a 2012 32gb with WiFi. I have tried all the fixes that I understand (forums are full of ideas that I don't understand enough to follow). I now need to purchase a new tablet. Most of the tablets I have looked at, Shield, Samsung Tab S, Asus Vivo Tabe and Asus MeMo, when I look at them at sites have kitkat 4 still installed. Will it update after I get it? Will it ruin them when it does? I use Crome for internet use, Kendle app, Google maps and a lot of Youtube. I don't need a super-fancy tablet, but I don want something reliable and that Google can't ruin. I loved my Nexus 7, it did everything I needed it to do.

You're quite welcome. Upgrades can do that to some devices, especially major ones. Factory resets are a wonder in that case. ;)

Shot4me

Jul 19, 2015
I tried doing a factory reset, but it just kept erasing left it for 24 hours but nothing worked.

Sorry that didn't work for you, but happy you found a replacement. I will put it on my list for when I am ready to replace my N7.