some advice please

jimmy

Aug 3, 2010
hi, i just got my 7inch irobot apad through the post off ebay, as far as i know its the rockchip model. but i have no idea how to check? can anybody help? also i can not use the android app store? it just hangs on all the downloads, but the other app store that is on the tablet works fine. but its mostly junk apps on there.
any help would be great?
i was thinking of useing appbrain but i can not install the app to get that working either!

please help. thanks jimmy:cool:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you have the Apad iRobot, you should not have any problems with Android market.

Appbrain uses the Android Market to download apps, so you wont be able to use it if your Android Market is malfunctioning.

You can learn to identify your device here: Identifying the Rockchip Apad iRobot » HiApad

Otherwise take some pictures of it and we'll tell you exactly what you got.

A good alternative market app is SlideMe: http://slideme.org/

jimmy

Aug 3, 2010
ok, do you have any ideas what could be causing the apps to just be hanging? it just says starting download and the bar is not moving or anything?? is there a setting i need to sort out,

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
ok, do you have any ideas what could be causing the apps to just be hanging? it just says starting download and the bar is not moving or anything?? is there a setting i need to sort out,
Well the normal troubleshooting steps are

1) verify that other Android devices work on the Android market (if you have any)
2) log in and out of Gtalk
3) clear Google accounts data (or factory reset)
4) last resort, flash a custom firmware

hankss

Sep 14, 2010
Well the normal troubleshooting steps are

1) verify that other Android devices work on the Android market (if you have any)
2) log in and out of Gtalk
3) clear Google accounts data (or factory reset)
4) last resort, flash a custom firmware

Hi Xaueious - Please advice :)

I wanted to flash my apad (batch2-5v charger, red led light,metallic casing) and I found the instructions from
Apad-scene: How to update aPad/Moonse/iRobot Firmware (it is good to follow ? )
and the firmware Apad_iRobot_Update_0530-EN.zip (it is the best and the latest ? )

Found some firmwares in aPad Xaueious Firmware
which make me confused.
You have HiPad, Darexius, HybrisKangXau ? I just want a stable firmware as mine is crashing very frequently.
Which is the most stable firmware available ?
Thanks in advance

Hanks