Some Questions: 8127/7127

Brieezy

Dec 25, 2011
Hi there. I purchased the Coby Kyros 8127 the other day and have it up and running (and to my knowledge, it's identical to the 7127 on the inside). It runs version 2.3.3. I have it rooted and have the Android Market. I am running into several problems, though, that I haven't been able to solve on my own.

1. Netflix. I have tried everything to get this app but nothing is working. Shouldn't it download straight from the market if I'm rooted? I continue to get a yellow bar that says "Your device is not compatible."

2. Superuser. I'm rooted and have the Superuser program. However, when I have tried running downloads (like BusyBox) it tells me that Superuser didn't grant the app permission. Is there something wrong with my Superuser app? If there is, would that mean I'm not really rooted (hence, the Netflix problem)?

3. Battery. My battery is awful. It literally declines by about 5% a minute. I have even downloaded a battery booster app. It says that cell standby uses about 80% of my battery, but that is categorized differently than wifi. I'm confused. What should I do?

I'm new the whole Android scene but I'm researching and doing my best to learn the ropes. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks so much. :)

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I can't get netflix to work eather. I have installed older versions and they still want work. They all want to update and the update freezes. I'm gonna play with it some more tonight.

Have you tried clearing the cache on superuser? If that doesn't work you can delete it and redownload from the market.

My battery hasn't been bad just not the best. You can cut off the cell standby but you have to have root explorer to delete the fills. If you delete them I would install clockworkmod and do a backup first.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
With the yellow bar you need to download lcd density and change the screen resolution to 160 from 200.

Look for a thread by thekwa called ultimate coby 7127 review or something. It has a ton of info in it.

Brieezy

Dec 25, 2011
With the yellow bar you need to download lcd density and change the screen resolution to 160 from 200.

Look for a thread by thekwa called ultimate coby 7127 review or something. It has a ton of info in it.

The weird thing is that I did download LCD Density. When I change the screen resolution to 160, it won't let me apply it. It says I need BusyBox. I talked about BusyBox above. Where it lets me download it but won't run because Superuser won't grant it permission. I will try reinstalling Superuser and keep you updated!

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I also cant get lcd density to work now. It worked twice but now it doesnt do ****.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Brieezy

Dec 25, 2011
Ok, so I FINALLY got it all working. Here's what I did, step-by-step:

1. Manage Applications>Superuser>Force Quit
2. Manage Applications>Market>Clear Data
3. Reset
4. Download BusyBox/ Click BusyBox icon
5. Allow Superuser to grant permission (It never gave me the option to do this before. I think force quitting Superuser earlier had something to do with it.)
6. Download LCD Density/ Click LCD Density icon
7. Change to 160 and allow to restart.
8. Manage Applications>Market>Clear Data
9. Reset
10. Market>Netflix

Then it finally said my device was compatible and allowed me to download Netflix. I also downloaded Pandora. This is such a relief. I hope it works for you, as well! Netflix works well, but it can get sort of iffy when you're searching for titles. The video is pretty clear though. I'm enjoying Pandora, too. I would love to know of a widget for it. I haven't found one yet.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
installing busybox fixed lcd density.

if you long press on an empty place a screen will pop up then click widget then pandora. it will just say pandora until you start/signin then hit home.

kurtopel

Jan 13, 2012
Hey Brieezy,
Could you detail how you rooted and installed Android Marketplace on your 8127. Been trying to do that on my 8127 without success.
Thanks!