Sound Distortion! anyone else experiencing?

xthaox

May 30, 2011
Earlier I was applying a anti-glare/scratch screen protector and was using a lot of spay solution. I then powered it down to charge it but accidentally yanked the cord when I pulled away (i think it might've bumped a little into my top metal rail bunkbed). Now both speakers and Headphone Jack have a distortion/echo when high notes/sounds are played. Sounds like a blown speaker, you guys think I can send it in for repairs? :(

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
As far as I know you should not have to "spay" your transformer, if it could reproduce, that would actually be a good thing (sorry, couldn't resist).

But seriously, if there are no signs of external damage, you can probably send it in. Are you sure you didn't get any of the spray solution in any of the openings?

Also, (and I know this is getting a little off your main topic) doesn't the transformer have Gorilla Glass - if so, not sure why you would want to fool around with a screen protector in the first place. I've found that the form fit protectors (like Zagg and the like) tend to cause some resistance to multitouch swiping vs. the virgin glass. So in cases where you have Gorilla glass (in my case, the Galaxy tab) and they are not really needed, I've avoided the expense and hassle of installing them and its working out great. Just my opinion FWIW.

xthaox

May 30, 2011
I meant spray instead of spay lol, but i wasnt quite into the gorilla glass because it felt like slide burn when I swiped and i tend to hit with my nails a lot (fear of cracking/scratching). It feels much better with the matte screen protector and hardly any fingerprints. When I first got it 4 days ago I did notice that the right side definitely had more oomph than the left. I honestly believed it was a 1 pc speaker with surround sound. Then i read it somewhere that it had 2 channel... im like ooh...

and I don't think i sprayed into the side speakers, mostly at center.

adding a few more things: no exterior damage, except there's like a plastic or metal string stuck out down between where the gorilla glass and the case is joined (probably a q/a failure) that i haven't noticed till now. A few Backlight bleeds.

Last edited:

xthaox

May 30, 2011
This morning when i 1st turned on it went back to normal again, i thought the solution probably dried and fixed itself. Even the headphone jack was good. During work i was thinking of getting rid of it as fast as i can via craigslist. At noon i listened to it again... the distortion came back speakers/heaphones. Idk if it might be a software problem but arnolds app sounds quite alright (i've also been installing apps continuously). Ill try reformatting , then update to 3.1

xthaox

May 30, 2011
it was the Fault of a Freaking APP.... omg works perfectly after reformatting.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
it was the Fault of a Freaking APP.... omg works perfectly after reformatting.

Which app (if you know)? Others may want to know if they run into the same problem.

I had a problem with my tab randomly locking up. Took a couple of days to figure out that the Bluetooth stack was going into la la land. A couple of more days of scouring forums and trial & error to narrow it down to handful of apps until I confirmed the culprit to be a Bluetooth control option setting in Pandora. Simply selecting "no" instead of "yes" in the settings menu solved a problem that was driving me nuts for over a week!

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

xthaox

May 30, 2011
Idk, this is my first andriod experince and i was installing left and right. I was dead certain it was the fault of hardware, the reformatting was like a last resort be4 i send it in. I'll try tracing back and c if i can reproduce it since im selling this thing for a laptop while i wait 4 tegra 3

xthaox

May 30, 2011
Is there a way to get my purchase history or dl?

Found the list via account history on android market web, going to reproduce

Last edited: