Static IP for VTab1008

ItsMeSB

Jan 16, 2013
I've searched and searched today but have been unsuccessful in finding how to change the ip address on my VTAB1008. I have many, many things on my network and I like to keep track of them by assigning a static IP, but I cannot seem to find a setting to do this anywhere in the tablet's "settings." Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
ItMeSB

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you long press the connection then go to settings - advanced you can do it all there.

ItsMeSB

Jan 16, 2013
I went to Settings>wireless & networks>wifi settings>wifi networks>hold and press connection... A window opens with the option to modify/forget connection. I choose modify and everything is already filled in, but there is nothing that states it will be a "static" address. Earlier today it changed addresses 3 times dependent upon what was coming/going on my network and had settled on 192.168.1.105 even though there were a couple of earlier numbers available. I restarted the tablet to see if it would stay at .105 and it did so it appears to be static even though I didn't do anything prior to knowing your instructions. Strange but I'll take it if it works.
Thanks for your quick reply.