stuck in apx mode

killer2020

Nov 10, 2015
hello guys after i flashed the cm12.1 i booted and it wont boot i plugged it to pc and its in apx mode so how can i normally boot

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi killer2020, the problem is that we need a Secure Boot Key to get from the apx mode to the nvflash mode. We don't have that key and I don't have the knowledge of how to acquire it. The best explanation I saw is at the androidroot.mobi site.

The androidroot.mobi site also has an explanation of how their tools work on grouper (2012 Nexus 7) and cardhu (tf300, tf700) devices. This includes a few specific steps:
  1. Using fastboot to flash a patched version of a bootloader to the bootloader partition
  2. Rebooting to the patched bootloader to boot a tailor-made boot-image that produces various specific blob files that you can use to get from apx to flash mode.
The first problem for us is that we do not have an androidroot.mobi-patched version of our bootloader. The second problem is that I don't know whether their tailor-made boot-image would produce specific blob files that work on our device (I checked this boot img; it uses some kind of modified init to produce the blobs). The third problem is that I don't know whether blobs that I would produce on my device would work on your device.

The second and third problems we can test or read more about. The first problem we cannot solve, for that we need help from theandroidroot.mobi team. I found their github repository, which lists the five members of the androidroot.mobi team, i.e.,BuzzBumbleBee, RaYmAn, IEF, kmdm, and lilstevie. So, the next step, I think, should be to try and contact these people and hope that they are willing and able to help out with patching our bootloader.

After that, there still is some stuff to figure out.

The bottom line - this ain't easy and it might take time. Let's see what happens.

mangusta

May 24, 2016
I managed to download a recovery for apx if someone needs it may post a link to files in zip format

mangusta

May 24, 2016
tests whether the tablet is recognized as apx Press power close tablet whole, and press vol + end vol - and power the tablet enters apx.
if you have reached this point sends an email address to post a link to the rest
work beter on xp or win 7 x86

mangusta

May 24, 2016
off :)off:) off:), unzip to a folder, inside is a archive with a .zip file with drivers put the tablet in apx with Vol-, Vol + and power .use Win XP is more secure and install the drivers from folder then starts Recover ==== nvflash_cl2n_update_secure_boot.cmd