Successful video chat

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Since I've been unable to get video chat working with fringe, I've been looking for alternatives.

Tango wouldn't even install.

Got it working with yahoo messenger, and the video chat addon plugin, though.

Sent from my A70H using Tapatalk

stevejobs

Jan 30, 2011
I would of thought fring would work out of the box, I am yet to receive my archos but i was under the impression it was already pre-installed on the device?

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
It is if you install the pre-loaded app package, but apparently the latest version of fring doesn't play well with Android 2.2 (Froyo).

Remember these tablets first came with Eclair (Android 2.1)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I had Fring working when I first got my archos BEFORE the update. Then since 2.2, fring wouldn't work. All versions crashed.

Yesterday, I loaded Fring 2.10..... and voila - It now works!!!
Maybe fring updated something??

Anyway, it now seems to work perfectly.

enthalpy

Feb 2, 2011
I had Fring working when I first got my archos BEFORE the update. Then since 2.2, fring wouldn't work. All versions crashed.

Yesterday, I loaded Fring 2.10..... and voila - It now works!!!
Maybe fring updated something??

Anyway, it now seems to work perfectly.

Good to know. Fring stopped working for me, I was using Fring to access my Skype account. And Skype stopped that connection from working.

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
Yahoo messenger works pretty well, even to other platforms like iphone/pc, etc.
Its on market but take care, don't use "yahoo msg droid", that dosent support videochat.

crashmw

Feb 8, 2011
Is this thread still open or is it closed down.
I STILL cannot figure out how to video chat from tablet to table...Just tried once again, using Fring and Reelportal, but no luck on either. Could actually see the other party on Reelportal, but the sound was hideous and so annoying, had to give up after about a minute..

davemon

Apr 20, 2010
Is this thread still open or is it closed down.
I STILL cannot figure out how to video chat from tablet to table...Just tried once again, using Fring and Reelportal, but no luck on either. Could actually see the other party on Reelportal, but the sound was hideous and so annoying, had to give up after about a minute..

I have Yahoo messenger with video plug in working fine tablet to tablet , to PC, to Mac, and to iPad....

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
update, I have used Fring, and sporadically after installing and opening, it tells me that video chat is not supported on my device, and yet when I skip past that and do a "test" call, it actually shows their test video and my camera video, so I still don't know if it will work.

My gf and I both have droid 2 globals, so we'll have to try it to a desktop fring account, I guess.