SuperPad booting to blank screen... FIXED!

Nova

Mar 30, 2011
Like Steve H and jaytune I also found that Power Control widget and pressed the 4th symbol that looks like a brightness control and thought I could use it to modify my brightness.

It did indeed modify my brightness to no brightness at all. :mad:

When I turned it on, the ANDROID screen comes up, but after it loads, the screen goes black again.

The only solution I found was a factory recovery which will wipe out the programs and settings that you had but will get the video back again.

This is how I did it.

I could not see the screen, so I used the stylus and pushed in the reset button to make sure it was off.

I held the black button (back) the home button and the power buttons simultaneously.

The unit powered on and told me that it will recover the system and initiated a 5 second count down.

It told me to press the button to start the recovery.

I let go of the black button while still pressing the power and home after the first 5 second countdown and the recovery started automatically.

I have to reinstall my stuff but at least I can see the screen again. :cool:

Have an excellent day,
Nova...

Last edited:

dogafin

May 27, 2011
i did this...... but missed holding the power and home button after the first five seconds,,,,,, it is stuck on the penguin. i am afraid to hit reset because i dont know if its doing its thing and botch the process leaving me with a bricked pad.... anyway its been stuck on the penguin for at least three minutes, ill wait for a reply and watch this thing if it does anything else.... oh boy............. what a flawed product.... i am tempted to press the reset button. wish me luck. this is my mother's tablet and she doesnt even know i still have it :ULK:

dogafin

May 27, 2011
okay.. i cant get it to recover. im a bit confused about the instructions; ill go and read another thread. anyway thank you for posting and im glad you were able to fix your problem

dogafin

May 27, 2011
any updates on that video you said you were gonna put back up? i really havent gotten any luck with my problem. thanks

Montrond1963

Nov 24, 2011
Like Steve H and jaytune I also found that Power Control widget and pressed the 4th symbol that looks like a brightness control and thought I could use it to modify my brightness.

It did indeed modify my brightness to no brightness at all. :mad:

When I turned it on, the ANDROID screen comes up, but after it loads, the screen goes black again.

The only solution I found was a factory recovery which will wipe out the programs and settings that you had but will get the video back again.

This is how I did it.

I could not see the screen, so I used the stylus and pushed in the reset button to make sure it was off.

I held the black button (back) the home button and the power buttons simultaneously.

The unit powered on and told me that it will recover the system and initiated a 5 second count down.

It told me to press the button to start the recovery.

I let go of the black button while still pressing the power and home after the first 5 second countdown and the recovery started automatically.

I have to reinstall my stuff but at least I can see the screen again. :cool:

Have an excellent day,
Nova...

I would like to know in which order did you execute the 3 buttons. I have tried and failed. Could be the order of buttons. thanks

Denny62

Jun 9, 2012
Hi

Great Post Nova !

Just joined the forum today and used a version of your instructions to restore my AWA10 Android 4 Tablet !

I am in the UK and also accidentally turned the Brightness to Zero, I think the developers of the Android Platform if that is the problem need to limit the lower Brightness Level Limit.

My Tablet has an ON/OFF Button and a longer Volume +/- Button and then there are 3 symbols on the right side of the screen one looks like a Home or Return Key like a U shaped Arrow on it's side then under that I have a group of 4 squares and at the bottom a stack of horizontal lines which when pressed brings up the settings when the screen is vissible.
The order I used was as follows:-

Paper Clip in the Reset Hole for 5 Seconds
Hold down the Volume,ON/OFF and the Return/Home together
This brought up and Android Symbol lying on it's back with its front cover open showing a keypad with a Red Triangular Warning sign above it, unfortunately no text instructions.
I eventually tried pressing the Volume and ON/OFF buttons in turn and the ON/OFF button brought up about 6 Reboot/Reset Options and it did say use the Volume button to select the preferred option.

I went for the Factory Reset, this restored screen !!

Lost the few Apps I'd installed and private settings etc but at least I can use it again !

Thanks once again !

Denny