SuperSonic SC-72MID Tablet Powered by Android - Factory Reset

TechnoKhan

Jun 13, 2013
I have been asked by a friend to reset their SuperSonic SC-72MID 7" tablet powered by Android. The owner stated that they forgot their pattern and made to many attempts. They did not have the user manual if it even came with one and have no recollection of any gmail username needed to gain access. So the obvious answer is to factory reset it, however the steps to do so on this tablet or any like it are as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster. I have made numerous attempts to try typical android related Factory Reset methods, but all have failed. The tablet in question has only three press-able buttons. The Power button, the Home button, and a small reset pin hole meant for a paper clip or the like. With so many potential possibilities it is very hard to try all combinations. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

It is worth noting that any information on this model of tablet is slip pickings. I cannot find a manual, the manufacturers webpage offers no help, they have yet to reply to a tech support email, so thus far it has been a run of bad luck. Any help or even something to point me in the right direction would be wonderful. Thank you all.

JJJMan75

Jun 8, 2013
The SuperSonic website said this model included a manual. I would suggest you order an extra manual online (if you can find one).

UPDATE: just read your post again, didnt know you couldnt find a manual. When you say you tried all the reset methods, does that include the data wipe command from android recovery?

Last edited:

TechnoKhan

Jun 13, 2013
I have tried all button pressing methods that I am aware of for other Android related devices in the tablet market. The one resource I have yet to exhaust might be what you are suggesting. Where I connect it to the PC and run a few command lines to by pass it? If that is what you refer to then no, I have not tried it. However that is only because I do not have the appropriate USB cable to connect the tablet to my PC. The customer did not give it to me and I didn't realize at the time none of the cables I have wouldn't work. I plan to ask the customer if they have the cable to give it a shot. If they don't, unless I can find a button pressing method to factory reset it they might be out of luck. I hope this answers your question.

emmjay

Jul 30, 2013
There is a way to do it but you'll need a standard micro usb cable to connect to the pc. I've reset the screen lock for someone with the higher model but same brand, so I know what I'm talking about

simeonite

Jan 8, 2014
I have tried all button pressing methods that I am aware of for other Android related devices in the tablet market. The one resource I have yet to exhaust might be what you are suggesting. Where I connect it to the PC and run a few command lines to by pass it? If that is what you refer to then no, I have not tried it. However that is only because I do not have the appropriate USB cable to connect the tablet to my PC. The customer did not give it to me and I didn't realize at the time none of the cables I have wouldn't work. I plan to ask the customer if they have the cable to give it a shot. If they don't, unless I can find a button pressing method to factory reset it they might be out of luck. I hope this answers your question.

Its not a micro usb. Or if that's what its called then ok. I myself called tech support. He said to reset the rom, he would send me some sort of software on a cd. He was very irritating. But let's see... I connected it with a usb to whatever you call that type of port. looks like a blackberry 8700c type of port, and it fitted fine. However, HOW does one run commands on it and with what software? For windows or linux?...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
There is a way to do it but you'll need a standard micro usb cable to connect to the pc. I've reset the screen lock for someone with the higher model but same brand, so I know what I'm talking about

It's a allwinner A13 correct? if so, a micro usb cable should work, provided the tablet is kernel rooted which most A13's are but not all.

Last edited: