SVP TPC7901 boot-loop problem

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
I started this tablet then installed an apk file then it restarted and it has been in a boot-loop ever since. I tried everything to get it to reset nothing happens. On the boot screen it says Infotmic 0.2.2.3. I really need help here.

HCream

Dec 31, 2011
The same thing happened to mine about a week ago. It got stuck in the booting loop: Infotmic --> Penguin icon --> Android_
The only way to stop it was by pressing the RESET button at the back of the device. I've emailed Silicon Valley Peripherals for assistance but never heard from them.

However, I was able to fix my SVP tablet by following the instructions found in the Sylvania Tablets Forum How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo thread.
*Beware* This method will wipe everything on the original SVP tablet and replace it with the Sylvania Android OS/apps!

Remarks:

(1) Things needed: a 1GB microSD card, the correct hwver .ius file and the IUW.exe utility.

(2) Forget about the USB cable, "abd" command and terminal emulator. On my SVP tablet, there are 2 Host USB ports, not 1 Host USB port/1 OTG USB port as mentioned on the SVP User's Manual. So microSD card is the ONLY way we will use.

(3) Skip Step1 in the instructions. Since our device is in a loop, it's not possible to do the Hardware Version Identification. I got my SVP TPC7901 tablet around Christmas, 2011. It has Android OS 2.2, InfoTM 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, Onboard 2GB Flash Memory and 4GB microSD card.

(4) On Step2, I used the hwver=11.2.3.1 You can follow the instructions to obtain the required .ius file or download it from this link.

(5) Download the IUW burning tool as mention on Step3 in the instructions. The .zip file is at the bottom of that instruction page.

(6) Skip Step4a in the instructions Since we are not going to use the USB cable method.

(7) Follow Step4 in the instructions and burn the .ius file into the microSD card with the IUW.exe tool. I burned mine on a 1GB FAT32 formatted microSD card using Windows XP.

If all goes well, you SVP TPC7901 tablet should be able to boot to the Android OS 2.2 and transforms into a Sylvania SYNET7LP tablet!

Before you go reloading all your favorite apps, run Upgrade System from the Android OS Settings manual.

Last edited:

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
I returned it because I took another look at the ebay auction and I didn't get the right tablet (no HDMI) or they might have switched OEM providers for something cheaper.

Plexico911

Feb 27, 2012
Fallowed the steps to reset my SVP that was stuck in loop reboot. Everything went well, updated from SD card and asked me to remover SD and Reboot. I did and NOTHING. Blank screen will not boot at all. What did I do wrong. What can I do to fix it. Thanks for any help!!

itsallpoo

Nov 11, 2013
Hi folks. I too have a SVP tablet stuck in a boot loop. Since I can't seem to find a button combo to get it into factory restore mode I think I'm at the spot of doing the SD card boot trick. This was a cheap tablet I really don't care if I load another firmware on that says it's something else I just want this running so I can give it away. I HATE wasting something that somebody else can use. I have a newer better tablet coming but I won't have that for a month so in the meantime....it's also pulling on my desire to learn to fix things strings.

I have a SVP TPC0902 with android 4.0 on it. Can somebody please direct me to the correct sylvania rom...I really don't want to downgrade to android 2 I'd love to keep at least 4, 4.1 would be even better if there is one available. At this point I am not spending money on a seventy dollar tablet at a repair shop that will charge me probably as much to fix it. I have been searching the net for days trying to find information on this. I hope somebody here can direct me I'd really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!