Sylvania Synet7lp stopped working

sparek

May 28, 2011
I have a Sylvania Synet7lp tablet that has suddenly stopped working. When I turn it on, when it gets to the Android screen, I just keep getting an error:

The process android.process.acore has stoppped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close is my only option, but the error just keeps coming up.

There is no recovery image on this tablet to recover from.

Wondering if any other Sylvania Synet7lp users have experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

This is rooted tablet, I believe it was running Android 2.1, although I cannot get into the settings or anywhere to check on anything.

I should note that the tablet was working fine one night. The next night, I started getting this error. It was just an all of sudden event.

I do see where there is a guide here for installing Android 2.2, but as I understand it Google Market and the Google Experience does not work with that guide. I suppose I don't have anything else to lose as the tablet is bricked now, I can't brick it any worse by attempting the Android 2.2 update.

I just thought there might be something I could do to fix this error.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have a Sylvania Synet7lp tablet that has suddenly stopped working. When I turn it on, when it gets to the Android screen, I just keep getting an error:

The process android.process.acore has stoppped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close is my only option, but the error just keeps coming up.

There is no recovery image on this tablet to recover from.

Wondering if any other Sylvania Synet7lp users have experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

This is rooted tablet, I believe it was running Android 2.1, although I cannot get into the settings or anywhere to check on anything.

I should note that the tablet was working fine one night. The next night, I started getting this error. It was just an all of sudden event.

I do see where there is a guide here for installing Android 2.2, but as I understand it Google Market and the Google Experience does not work with that guide. I suppose I don't have anything else to lose as the tablet is bricked now, I can't brick it any worse by attempting the Android 2.2 update.

I just thought there might be something I could do to fix this error.

Lesson learned
-

While your tablet is working normally identify the Hardware ID "hwver" and make sure that the "factory reset (three finger method)" works.

If it doesn't, manually download and save the correct update file and know how to use the update process.

sparek

You can brick it worse by using the incorrect update (*.ius) file to the point where the device won't respond, truly a brick.

Without knowing the Hardware ID "hwver" or having a working "factory reset" you're kind of stuck. If your tablet was purchased late last year it may be an 11.2.0.5 or 11.2.0.6 and you could use those files to either restore 2.1 or update to 2.2. However, if it's an 11.2.1.8 using any of those files could brick it since there have been a few reports of those files not working as intended.

If it's still under warranty, contact Digital Gadgets Customer Service for support. Anything else is a guess with risk.